Syfy Now, Bravo Now & E! Now apps added to the Apple TV app store

Discussion in 'Apple TV Apps' started by jdillings, May 26, 2016.

1. jdillings macrumors 65816

Syfy Now, Bravo Now & E! Now have been added to the Apple TV app store. You'll need a cable/satellite login. If you are already logged into other NBCUniversal apps, you shouldn't have to reenter your login information again and you should be automatically authenticated.

2. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

The vast majority of these TV apps are useless for cord cutting. You still need a subscription to a multi-channel provider to use them. Its really laughable.

3. i hate phones macrumors 6502a

I agree, however it's pretty awesome when you have family who haven't cut the cord :)

4. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

Couldn't agree more! My fiancée and I typically use my parents FiOS login for these apps since we cut the cord five months ago.

5. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

True - but you don't have to pay monthly rental fees for the cable company's craptastic set top box any more

6. 2010mini macrumors 68040

Even better when you just get a CableCard and use a HD Homeun Prime for all your TVs

7. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

I must look into this.....is there an easy way to get the Homerun Prime initially set up without using a Windows PC?

8. 2010mini macrumors 68040

Homerun HD + Channels app is all you need.
    https://getchannels.com

9. sjn419 macrumors regular

When I downloaded and opened the apps they were already connected to my tv subscription

10. 2010mini macrumors 68040

Interesting.... This could be something new. When I authenticated one of the Disney apps, all the others did so automatically. The same happened when I downloaded these three and authenticated one just of them.

Did you have another NBC app authenticated on your Apple TV before you downloaded these three?

11. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

Even the initial setup to get the HDHomerun working on your network can be done with the ATV4 and Channels app? No Windows PC required? I guess I need to do some more research on this.

12. sjn419 macrumors regular

Yes I did and I realized all those apps are owned by NBC universal so they probably GETTING THEIR AUTHENTICATION FROM THE SAME SERVER. didn't mean all caps