Sync iPhoto Albums, not Events

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by imswimmin, Apr 1, 2012.

1. imswimmin macrumors regular

I use my iPhone to take photos all the time, mainly because of its convenience. First of all, I pretty much have my phone with me all the time, and second of all, it syncs up pretty nicely with iPhoto on my mac. After moving the photos from my phone to my mac, I then create albums, and organize the photos through that. The thing is, iPhoto seems to create its own "events" in addition to the "albums" I make. Now, this doesn't really pose a problem on my computer, as I can just click an album from the side pane and see the photos that I want to see. On my phone however, I have all of these "albums/events" titled by dates that contain the photos that were taken on the corresponding date. How do I "not sync" those, and only sync the albums that I manually create?

I hope this makes sense... Hopefully I'll be able to clarify my question if it doesn't.

TIA :)

2. emjaycee18 macrumors regular

Change your settings in iTunes from All Albums, events, and Faces; to Selected Events and Faces, and change the drop down for events to no events. You have to go in and manually select each album and face this way, but its your only option not to include the event.