Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deskjetian

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 28, 2010
The Midlands, UK
A newbie question....
I have a iPod and now I'm thinking about getting an iPad.
Will I be able to stop iTunes sync'ing my music to the iPad whilst still allowing a music sync to my iPod ?
Thanks for any advice.

Googlyhead

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2010
Yep. When the ipad is connected, there's a tab for music, which includes a checkbox for sync'ing music (or not)
You choose if you want to sync, and if so; what playlists (or entire library)

philipk

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2008
Yep. When the ipad is connected, there's a tab for music, which includes a checkbox for sync'ing music (or not)
You choose if you want to sync, and if so; what playlists (or entire library)

That is the answer to the question you asked.

Now the answer for the question you didn't ask.

iTunes allows up to five computers per account and unlimited iPods/iPhones/iPads per computer for one household.

Currently I have four computers, two iPods, two iPod touches, two iPhones, and one iPad syncing to my one account.

pelicanflip

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2009
NYC
As simple as a click of a button.

All you need to do is manually enter what you would like have synced to the iPad: apps, movies, books, etc.

That way, you don't need to sync your music to your iPad.

philipk

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2008
That is the answer to the question you asked.

Now the answer for the question you didn't ask.

iTunes allows up to five computers per account and unlimited iPods/iPhones/iPads per computer for one household.

Currently I have four computers, two iPods, two iPod touches, two iPhones, and one iPad syncing to my one account.

Sorry misread your question.

As already stated, it is easy to manually decide what to sync.

I have a special playlist for syncing music with my 16 gig iPod Touch and my wife's 16 gig iPhone. Then I manually sync everything else.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.