Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hugemullens

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 15, 2002
Michigan
I played on the powerbook last night and organized about 150 bookmarks on it. now obvisouly i dont wanna do this all over again on the powermac so i was wondering how to sync them, or atleast copy them over. I also have .mac incase it could be used with isync to do it. but i doubt it can.

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
i'm sure there's a .html file or similar that contains all of your Safari favourites. it should be in you Library somewhere with the rest of Sarari stuff, cookies etc.

you should be able to just copy the file and then put it in the same location on your PowerMac.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Originally posted by hugemullens
safari. Sorry about that. I know better than to ask without telling you guys what browswer. Thanks
Ok then, the file you need to copy from your PB to your tower is here - ~/Library/Safari/Bookmarks.plist

Duff-Man

Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
Duff-Man says....I keep a copy of my current safari bookmark file on my iDisk so I can "sync" between my Powerbook at work and my Dual 800 at home...not totally automated but it works okay until this feature is activated in iSync (soon?).....oh yeah!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.