Syncing Exchange Contacts and Address Book Contact? Is it one or the other?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jdl8422, Jul 11, 2008.

1. jdl8422 macrumors 6502

jdl8422

I have a work email setup on an exchange server. I have my contacts on there synced with me phone. It seems that you can only have it synced with the exchange server or your address book on your computer. In itunes it doesnt give me the option to use my address book.

2. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

The only solution if you want both would be to integrate your home address book on your exchange account.

3. ibrainch macrumors regular

not true!

I think Walt Mossberg started this rumor and it is just not true - yes, when you sync exchange it does delete all your contacts from your phone. But if you then go back in and add a mail account for mobile me and select sync contacts - you will have both exchange and mobile me contacts (all wireless as well). At least that's what I have on my phone right now...

4. chicagdan macrumors 6502a

Same with me, both MobileMe and Exchange sync address books on my iPhone just fine.

5. jdl8422 thread starter macrumors 6502

jdl8422

I dont have mobile me, so I dont know if that works. I have my work contacts on the exchange server, and my personal ones on my address book on my computer. I dont have the option to sync anything once exchange syncs.

6. DaneGuy macrumors 6502

I'd really like to know if there is a solution for people who don't use MobileMe. Is there any way to have two address books or to at least separate them somehow? :confused:

7. stevensr123 macrumors 6502

ok i want to sync all my contacts to google contacts. i have created a exchange account and pressed sync contacts.

but when i go into contacts >groups>exchange contacts, nothing is there.

the only contacts i have is in the " from my mac" group/all contacts. surely syncing means my contacts from the actually phone sync with the exchange contacts. or is that not possible?

is there any other way of syncing my contacts with google, without the need for a computer