iPhone Syncing health data between MyFitnessPal, PopWeight and Health App

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by icebergx, Dec 27, 2014.

1. icebergx macrumors regular

Hi all,
    I've been using PopWeight and the Apple HealthApp for a few months now, and started using MFP last week.
    Previously, I was simply entering my weight into PopWeight on most days, and the HealthApp would automatically pick up this data, and store it in its database too.
    However, now that I'm using MFP, I'd like that to pickup my weight automatically too. MFP doesn't support reading this info from PopWeight directly, but I believe it can do this from the HealthApp. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be working. It seems as if, if HealthApp is sourcing its info from "App A", it can't supply this to "App B."
    Is this the case? Is there any way to fix this?

Of course I could just dump PopWeight as HealthApp has the facility for me to enter my weight into it directly, but I like the PopWeight simplicity and interface, so I'd like to keep using it, if possible.

Thanks for your help :)

2. NoBoMac macrumors 6502a

MFP is reading my weight.

First, check in Settings > Privacy > Health > MFP for the various tracking switches turned on accordingly (there is one for weight).

Then check HA > Health Data > Body Measurements > Weight and make sure MFP is checked on for "SHARE DATA WITH".

3. icebergx thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for your reply...
    Do you allow your weight to be "written" by another app (like PopWeight) or do you enter your weight directly into the HealthApp?

I've checked the setting you recommend, but they all seem to be in order.
    I allow PopWeight to write data to the HealthApp but don't allow MFP to do so, as I want PopWeight to have priority.
    At the same time, I allow MFP to read weight data from the HealthApp.

It's puzzling, but maybe allowing HA to read data from another app, is actually different than actually writing the data into HA directly? Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks.