syncing iphone with itunes from "summary" tab

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by miraishak, Oct 1, 2013.

1. miraishak macrumors member

I normally sync my iphone with itunes.
    When I connect the phone, I go to the “info” tab on top, the marked fields to sync are the contacts, calendars and notes. In the rest of the tables, nothing is marked (in the photos tab, sync photos is not marked and in the music tab, sync music is not marked) and the apps usually are copied during the sync as well.

Today, by mistake, instead of going to the “info” tab and pressing sync. I pressed sync as soon as I connected the phone, which is while I was on the “summary” tab. I noticed that the sync went as it does every time (backing up, syncing contacts, calendars, notes, copying apps)

After I was done, I went through the music and photos tabs to make sure they are still not marked, since I only want to sync the contacts, calendars and notes, as usual and I checked, there was nothing different than my usual every time sync. Nothing new was copied except my contacts and calendar entries that I want to sync.

I just want to make sure if it is any different between pressing “sync” while I am on the “summary” tab and pressing “sync” while I am on the info tab. Does it matter which tab I am on, or what matters is the marked fields to be synced?

2. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

There is no difference, it doesn't matter which page or tab you are on when you sync the phone. In my experience anyway..

3. miraishak thread starter macrumors member

thanks for your response :) it helped a lot. i was worrying...