Syncing issue

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by chrismarle, May 10, 2018.

1. chrismarle, May 10, 2018
    Last edited: May 10, 2018

chrismarle macrumors 6502

Hi guys,

I'm having an issue with my 2016 TouchBar 13" MBP. When I update or create new contacts on my iPhone X (both are running the latest public final software), they aren't sync on my Mac, even though all settings are fine. Its kinda getting annoying since I adding new contacts on a daily basis. I use iCloud.

Anyone has the key to my problem?

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

I think Apple has monkeyed with how, why and when the Contacts apps sync to the server...and which service you're syncing is likely a factor. Which service is it?

My contacts are synced with Google. It seems to take an edit on the iOS device to get it to sync quickly and that may also be the case with the Mac app. I've never added a contact or made a change that didn't eventually sync on its own, though.

3. chrismarle thread starter macrumors 6502

Forgot to mention, I use iCloud

4. flyinmac macrumors 68040

flyinmac

That is definitely strange. I have an iPhone 7, and an iMac running the latest software each. And a Mac Pro on El Capitan. And no matter which device I enter contacts or calendars, they show up immediately on the other two devices.

I use iCloud as well.

I have seen a lot of iCloud logging me out on one device or the other periodically (with an error saying iCloud had a problem - on the server side). So I’d verify that you are in fact connected on the Mac.

You could also log in to iCloud through a web browser and make sure that your changes are actually making it to the iCloud server. Perhaps the Mac isn’t receiving it because it never made it to iCloud??

Just some things to check.

5. chrismarle thread starter macrumors 6502

Indeed, it's strange. I've checked and what I do on my iPhone is updated on iCloud, but not on my Mac.