SyncMaster™ 275TPlus 27 Monitor

Discussion in 'iMac' started by RBZ, Mar 26, 2009.

1. RBZ macrumors newbie

I'v just purchased a mac mini and will be upgrading it today. I live in a small space and my monitor will also be used for viewing movies in the main room. I presently have a 23" LCD HD TV but it does not play well with HDMI so I will have to use VGA.I would rather have a digital interface so I'm thinking of upgrading my monitor and maxing out with the SyncMaster™ 275TPlus 27". I don't have space for anything larger and it may be silly but I can not look at a Dell logo all of the time so I will not consider purchasing a monitor from them. I've read however that the Dell screen itself is the same as the Samsung yet with a different frame.If anyone has experience with the Samsung or can suggest something else I would love to hear back from you. Thanks!

2. ale500 macrumors regular

I have a 26" Fujitsu Siemens panel (SL3260W). I just got my mini and I'm using the DVI input. To watch movies it is quite good (due to size). One more inch does not seem like too much bigger and I sit some 40 cm from it. Compared to my 20" Philips it looks huge!. It has a bit of bleeding on the corners, so check the backlight before you buy. I seem to forget about that :-(. The Dull logo can be covered with something (tape?) (some other logo?). Just get one with at least two inputs in case you want to hook something else, like an HDMI source. This panel has 3 inputs, but only comes with a VGA cable !?. :apple: