Syria’s Assad tells Yahoo News some refugees are ‘definitely’ terrorists

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Feb 9, 2017.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

https://www.yahoo.com/news/exclusiv...gees-are-definitely-terrorists-182401926.html

2. daflake macrumors 6502a

Of course there are. If I was a terrorist and wanted to get into a country, I would pose as a peaceful refugee as well. Classic Trojan horse move.

3. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

If we stick to our guns that everyone goes through a screening process that takes as long as 2yrs, I'm not that concerned. Europe, they should be concerned.

4. Meister Suspended

Meister

Assad is just stating the obvious.

At this point the people who oppose Trump's immigration policies are basically traitors.

If you look at the ilk who challenge him it becomes even more obvious.

5. daflake macrumors 6502a

Many here are concerned.

6. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

People (Merkel) let emotion cloud her judgement.

7. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

News Flash!!!! There are some Muslims involved in terror organizations EVERYWHERE. There are very few countries that don't have hundreds of thousands of Muslims at the minimum.

8. BoxerGT2.5, Feb 9, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2017

BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Well then if there's some in all four corners of the globe what's a few more right? Why can't the 5 richest countries in the Middle east step up? SA, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, UAE. Clearly they might know something? I mean they share the same culture, it would be far easier for the refugees to assimilate in those countries than say Dusseldorf don't ya think?

9. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

They even said so much.

"“We have sent many operatives to Europe with the refugees,” an Islamic State commander said in an interview over an encrypted data service. “Some of our brothers have fulfilled their mission, but others are still waiting to be activated.”"

Why would any rational country accept "refugees" that are of a majority military age males(Source)? It's almost like the West, well the leaders of the West want to commit suicide.

10. stylinexpat macrumors 6502a

In a war there are usually two sides fighting while in Syria now there are quite a few. Each side seems to have an enemy and everyone views their enemy as a terrorist organization. There is a civil war taking place in Syria and surely it is not the lawyers and doctors fighting at the front lines. Probably half that are fighting now are from abroad. Amongst them some had to leave when trapped and cornered.

11. nia820 macrumors 68000

nia820

Perhaps if Assad would stop killing his people then there wouldn't be such a huge amount of people fleeing the country and disguising themselves as terrorist.

I don't believe a single thing that comes out of that man's mouth.

12. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Perhaps is Obama had not bombed Assad and armed the Syrian rebels then Assad would not be killing the "people" as you put it.

13. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Link 1
    Link 2

I'm not sure he's wrong.

14. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

Wait for trump to jump and this and blow this all out of proportion.

15. BernyMac macrumors regular

BernyMac

How does anyone blow out of proportion the massive clusterfarce that is Syria?

16. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

He'll reference the fact that Assad mentioned that terrorists were claiming to be refugees.