Syrian man who filmed daughters before sending them on suicide mission is killed in Damascus

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by shyam09, Dec 26, 2016.

1. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/syrian-man...g-them-suicide-mission-killed-damascus-709838

2. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Yep.....such a glorious religion. People like him don't deserve to be left alive.

3. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

I can't even fathom having so little regard for my own flesh and blood. Truly sad, manipulative, and cowardly. This 'dad' is reprehensible.

4. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

He was just practicing his peaceful religion! We should have given him asylum here instead, we need more diversity and cultural enrichment.

5. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

6. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

No! We must import more Muslims, preferably from Syria, the US is sure to collapse without their presence. They are good people, they just need a job, a hug and generational welfare benefits.

7. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 603

The-Real-Deal82

Another thread that completely ignores the extremism and pulls out a broad brush to take a pop at Islam as a whole. How accepting and tolerant while not being at all ironic.

8. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

gods will is gods will. this has been the case all through history.

9. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

Is it a coincidence that vast majority of Muslim countries are either repressive theocracies or failed states? It's almost like there is a pretty strong correlation between Islam and religious violence.

10. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I don't have to accept a nonsensical religion, and I don't have to tolerate the violence that sects of its followers use to promote their religion.

I also don't accept or tolerate people who think the world is flat, if those same people started killing people who thought the world was round I would be painting away.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 26, 2016 ---
    But but there is one example of a secular Islamic country that lets women drive and doesn't throw gays off of buildings.

11. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 603

The-Real-Deal82

Then you are as bad as any intolerant extremist. It's difficult to criticise in that situation if you are no better in your views.

12. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Which country is this?

13. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

Fantasystan?

14. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Oh. I think I had a layover there 1 time.

15. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I'm sure there's one, have to wait for the liberal Islamic evangelists to show up to preach the values of Islam.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 26, 2016 ---
    I don't have any views besides realizing that you have no proof to support yours. How exactly is that extreme?

16. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 603

The-Real-Deal82

The only proof I have is directly from your own posts here. If you are saying things you don't mean, then you need to seriously consider what you are typing.

To Islamic extremists we in the west are all the same. Now this is the same rhetoric people like you have for generalising the whole of Islam. To them we are all white fundamentalist Christian's who want them all dead and to rape their countries of oil money. That doesn't fit with the person I am so I condemn their misinformed dangerous views. I also condemn narrow minded westerners who don't have a clue about the difference between muslims and extremists. Both uneducated viewpoints create a very toxic situation, one we know only too well.

17. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

When was the last time someone attacked their country in the name of jesus? Suicide bombs?

Have no doubt if Christian religion was causing these issues I would not be light on them either, I think their views are ridiculous as well.

18. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Amen!

19. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Your post also disregards the fact that the fiction you perpetuate (that there are invisible deities who want us to live a certain way) provides a shelter for ideas such as "god wants me to kill x" or "god wants me to throw this gay off of a building". If you are perpetuating fiction as real life then you are responsible for people who get out of control.

20. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

I don't understand why liberal Islam apologists assume that only hardcore Bible thumpers are against Islam. You don't have to be a Christian, or even religious, to recognize that Islam is much closer to Nazism than peace.

21. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 603

The-Real-Deal82

Yet they would adamantly claim it's a war on Islam and have done. To be honest I don't know myself why we stick our noses into countries like these and waste billions of pounds trying to convert them into democracies.

22. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 603

The-Real-Deal82

Liberal Islam apologists? Is that your definition of me by any chance? Shall I call you a xenophobic bigot because of the way you criticise an entire religion because of the extreme views of terrorist groups? Or shall we just discuss this directly rather than applying labels underhandedly?

23. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Back in the day they did then they started not whining so bad. I think Islam is going through the same thing. Till they start getting educated it will keep happening. But at the core it is all about power and controlling others.

24. Admiral macrumors regular

Admiral

You guys ought to visit Indonesia and Malaysia sometime. Both countries, each majority Muslim, are great places to visit.

25. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

I lived in Malaysia for 6 years. The problem I have with the BN government - aside from the extreme corruption - is they refuse to refute Islamic terrorism, and support a banking system that directs funds to terrorist organizations.