T-Bow Stinks!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Frisco, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Frisco macrumors 68020

Poor T-Bow . Never saw what the big deal with him was. Very average. Tony Romo is better.

How did he get such much hype--he stinks!

2. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

you must not have seen his 4th quarter wins this year ... or saw him play Div. 1A College Football

No comeback tonight though

3. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

It's not over yet! Just wait till the 4th quarter. ;)

4. ender land macrumors 6502a

I think the world is going to have a collective heart attack if this game becomes remotely close.

:)

5. Queen of Spades macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

Not me! Although that Focus on the Family ad really pissed me off. Now I just hope we get out of the game healthy. I'd like to see starters out in the fourth quarter.

6. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Yeah - I can't imagine they'll be in for much longer. I can't wait to see how well the Broncos defense can play against the back-ups.

And CBS is getting rocked right now...as they should. That ad was complete BS.

7. Frisco thread starter macrumors 68020

Okay 4th Quarter is about to begin and am waiting to see his religious magic.

Common the guy is a phony--don't believe in his religious magic.

8. WRP macrumors 6502a

He's a 3rd string NFL QB at best. He backed his way into the playoffs. He got lucky against a hurt roethlisberger and barely won in OT after losing the 3 previous games. Did anyone actually expect him to be able to compete tonight?

9. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

Nobody ... except his Mom :cool:

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

So, where has Tony been the past couple of weeks. That's right, sitting on his couch watching the games.

11. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

I think god was helping the duggers conceive child #20 so could not help tebow out.

12. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I see your point, a little.

But just because his team isn't in the playoffs doesn't mean he isn't a better quarterback.

You can't tell me that you would take Tim Tebow over Tony Romo. Or even Ben Roethlisberger. I can't stand either of them - but I'm still a reasonable person.

13. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Tony Romo isn't exactly a master of consistency as a QB. Considering that Tebow only has 16 starts as a player, I would certainly expect 2 quarterbacks with 9 (Romo) & 8 (Roethlisberger) years of experience to be better quarterbacks.

14. jsf8x macrumors 6502

jsf8x

Why did you purposely misspell his name when you could have spelled in correctly with the same amount of characters that you spelled it incorrectly?

15. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Obviously...:rolleyes:

I'll edit - Tell me you wouldn't take Cam Newton over Tim Tebow...

And what was your point about Tony Romo sitting at home watching the playoffs anyway? It still doesn't have anything to do with being a better/worse QB than Tebow.

16. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

My point about Romo is that he has played in the NFL for almost 10 years, so yeah, it is obvious that he is a better QB than Tebow is.

Your edit of comparing Tebow and Newton is a much fairer one as they are both basically rookies this year. I'll be the first to admit, Tebow has a lot of room for improvement. But considering that the he didn't come into the starting position until the Broncos were already 1-4 and we still made the playoffs, I think he had a successful year. If he is still playing like this at the end of next year, after he has had an off season to work with coaches, etc. then yeah, it is time to get someone else.

17. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

God had some pretty shoddy handiwork on the first child #20. I'd ask for a refund if I were them :D

18. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

yes they should. But god must have been helping santorum then and sent the duggers to help him.

19. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

The media is to blame for this, they anointed Tebow as the next star QB before he even took the field. No other rookie QB has gotten this much attention. Will he ever be Brady or Manning, I doubt it, but he does deserve a full year before we call him a bust.

Currently he is very overrated as a QB but I don't think any rookie QB has ever been considered great.

20. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

21. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Yet Tebow is in the playoffs. Cam not so much.

Funny how Cam even backed up Tebow at Florida.

That said, when looking at results, I would pick Tebow. When looking at how they play the position, I would pick Cam

22. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

While Denver is a horrible team, most of Tebow's success were on flukes and luck.

23. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Karma, at the end of the day, is a b****.

I'm a huge sports fan, but I'm not normally a hater. However, I'm glad he got manhandled by one of the worst defenses in the league tonight.

I can't stand the guy and I'll be rooting against him every time he takes the field. Some things are just more important than football.

And if I had any doubts about my feelings before the game, that Focus on the Family ad completely reinforced my feelings.

----------

Give Cam Tebow's defense and his kicker (;)) and I think the "results" would be a little different...

Actually you should just pick Mark Sanchez. He's 4-2 in the playoffs - He's beaten Carson Palmer, Philip Rivers, Peyton Manning, and Tom Brady. Results, right?

24. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Sanchez!? No way! He has not improved at all over his 3 years and even has teammates questioning his dedication

25. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Tebow 9-26 passing.

"Daniel 9:26 ...the Anointed One will be put to death and will have nothing..."