T-Minus 9 1/2 Days Till Pre Order...What We Know Before Verizon Tells Us

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by steven10093, Jan 24, 2011.

1. steven10093, Jan 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2011

steven10093 macrumors newbie

We kept on getting a lot of conflicting information. Well here is what we know for [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]sure[/FONT];

1.) You can upgrade on the line you plan on using the iphone, then when you receive the phone agree to terms and agreements and then call VERIZON and they will switch it over to the line you want

2.) You can pre order for full retail if your eligible or not. ONLY FOR EXISTING COSTUMERS!

3.) The Pre Order can be done on both verizon.com and apple.com (confirmed by apple reps, denounced by verizon reps)

4.) Pre order is TIME ZONE BASED, meaning, each time zone will get a qty of iphones that can be pre ordered. You will have to wait for your time zone to hit midnight feb 3rd before your batch of iphones can be ordered.
    "There is a certain amount of stock for all time zones/areas. Whenever Midnight hits in your time zone/area, the stock for your area will be available and then you can purchase the iPhone. Once the stock is gone in your area, you will not be able to purchase the iPhone."
    [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]This quote was from a verizon employee on another post.[/FONT]
    WHAT WE DONT KNOW IS.

A.) How many phones per time zone/total pre order
    B.) When they will be DELIVERED

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Apple has never done a Time Zone Base Release, and it doesn't make sense to start now.

is it even possible to control?

3. Namji macrumors 6502a

Namji

Pre-order on 2/3 for current VZW customers only.

4. steven10093 thread starter macrumors newbie

This was taken from verizon's forum so I didnt know if it was accurate.

5. whiteyanderson macrumors 6502

Are we going to continue the full blown argument here that started over at VZW's site? Simply because one member there cannot fathom the idea that exisiting upgrade ineligible customers can pre-order on the 3rd? He seems to think only upgrade eligibles can. And it's escalated into a an all out war and fun!

Back on topic though: all the info stated is the same as I got today from BOTH Verizon and Apple Supervisors. Also I will add that the Verizon supervisor denied Apple's pre-order ability to me as well.

We also know, as of now, that Verizon is charging $50 more on full retail prices vs. Apple.

I doubt that they will have a time zone rollout. Verizon's site can barely work efficiently as is. Could be wrong though.

6. zenit macrumors member

I would be interested which time zone. The time zone of the customer's billing address or the time zone of phone line's area code?

7. steven10093 thread starter macrumors newbie

I think that its est. Because that is where verizon is out of so!

8. stu00a macrumors member

There is no such time zone based thing.

Pre-Order will be start at 12:00 AM (Feb. 3rd) EST.
    Just like any other big smartphone's pre-order. what makes apple so special?
    OP is totally ridiculous, have NO IDEA what your talking about.

9. whiteyanderson macrumors 6502

To be fair to the OP, the time based roll out statement was made by an online Verizon "Rep" on the Verizon forums. He didn't make it up, the VZW Rep did. I have since been banned on the VZW forum for calling out the total lack of aptitude by said Reps. And many of the posters over there I should add.

Seriously. Over at the Verizon forums it's like Armageddon is coming. You've got reps telling customers all kinds of BS. LIke ONLY existing customers who are UPGRADE ELIGIBLE will be able to take part in the Feb 3rd pre-order. In other words, certain VZW employees on there are stating if you want to pre-order at full retail, you're SOL.

Verizon really needs to get a handle on their employees. I'm sure there was a training for this yet, it's total chaos.

It's insanity at it's finest. Very amusing this morning though.

10. steven10093 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you. I agree with you 110% it is crazy out there right now it's like mayhem. I think that they should have given more info before they had released it.

11. Travisimo macrumors 6502a

Verizon made a big mistake by deferring the details of their iPhone 4 release. I'm sure they thought they were doing what's best for their interests, but it's only created confusion, misinformation, and frustration. And I have a bad feeling that the reason they have waited to give details is not so much that they didn't know at the time of the announcement, but that they didn't want to sour that announcement by details that would not be taken well by potential customers.

In other words, I'm betting the news is not going to be good when we finally do get the details. Like higher price plans. Or data caps. Who knows....

Right now, there are too many questions and not enough answers.

- Rumor has it that they will still offer the unlimited data plan for iPhone 4. However, it may be more expensive than their current $30/mo plan.

- Some sites were saying that the Personal Hotspot feature would be free. However, common sense says that the ability to use hotspot will come free in iOS 4.3, but you'll still have to subscribe to a data tethering plan, which is currently $20/mo for other Smartphones like the Droids.

- Verizon's site says full retail price will be $650 and $750, whereas Apple's site still shows $600 and $700. It's very foolish to send mixed signals like this, as it only causes confusion and frustration.

- We've also had mixed signals whether you'll only be able to preorder on the 3rd at Verizon's site. And again, mixed signals whether you'll be able to do full retail pricing on that date, or if you'll have to wait until the 10th. And, we still don't know for sure if they'll offer 1-year contract pricing like they do on all of their other smartphones.

So you see, at this point it's still utter confusion and lack of information. This does not give a good impression, in my opinion.

12. saberahul macrumors 68040

Like I said in another post in another thread in another forum on another day... I will be on vzw website at 12AM on Feb 3 ready to get the iPhone 4. Too bad it won't be for me... I cannot upgrade until April.

13. whiteyanderson macrumors 6502

To be fair I DID add to the mayhem, I just couldn't resist, it was so much fun :p!

Especially with the one guy who was throwing a hissy when I called Verizon and Apple to confirm that customers could purchase a pre-order phone even if they were upgrade ineligible. He somehow feels shafted by the fact that he's been holding out to upgrade at a discount and I did not, yet, still can pay retail on Feb 3rd. There's some really weird people out there.

Amazing how many shills they have over there as forum members. They act as if Verizon cares about them. Moon lickers...

14. whiteyanderson macrumors 6502

From both the Verizon and the Apple person I spoke with today, I was told that without a doubt, those of us who wish to pay retail, can on Feb 3rd.

The Verizon supervisor was kind of funny though. When I asked the question she was like "Why in the hell couldn't you? What kind of question is this?". In a nutshell, on Feb 3rd any EXISTING VZW customer can pre-order the phone.

The Feb 10th release is for NEW, non-Verizon customers. Existing customers have the one day to pre-order or they have to wait until the 10th like non-Verizon customers.

The retail price difference is really ticking me off though. We'll see if Apple changes the pricing. The Apple supervisor I talked to today told me "We do not have pricing info". I found that very interesting as you can plainly see it on their site. Maybe it is a canned response to attempt not detract too many people from purchasing on Verizon.

OH, one thing the supervisor at Apple store did tell me was "We are not positive if you can pre-order ONLINE on the 3rd YET. BUT, if you cannot you can call in and place the order with an Apple store representative."

All very confusing.

15. Darthdingo macrumors 6502a

So what about customers on different carriers that want to switch to Verizon and the iPhone4 ?

16. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

February 10th