T-Mobile and the iPhone (primarily for those who live in Phoenix)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jlmcclellan, Jul 25, 2013.

1. jlmcclellan macrumors member

Hey,

I'm considering ditching sprint for T-mobile this winter, so I was curious if there is anyone here who lives or has lived in the Phoenix area that uses T-mobile. If so, how does their service compare to AT&T or Verizon? I'm sick of Sprint's crappy data speeds, so I'm ditching them, but I don't really want to pay AT&T or Verizon's prices. That said, I also don't want a repeat of my 'sprint' change.

So, thoughts? opinions? :D

2. azentropy macrumors 68000

azentropy

Coverage maps are pretty useless. According to AT&T I should have "best" coverage for voice and should have LTE at my neighborhood, but rarely do. I'd be interested in other response to T-Mobile in the NW Phoenix area as I'll be switching off of AT&T when the next iPhone comes out.

3. jlmcclellan thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, coverage maps are completely useless. According to Sprint I have full coverage everywhere around me, but I don't and even when I do data speeds are still ridiculously slow. Thanks anyway.

Anyone else out there with Tmo and an iPhone living in the Valley of the Sun?

4. drir1990 macrumors member

I live in Tempe and I just switched from Sprint to T-Mobile last month. Before Sprint I had both AT&T and Verizon. I have been very impressed with the service I have received so far. I haven't encountered any areas in the valley that I have been without service. The LTE rollout is still a work in progress in parts of the valley, specifically east Mesa and parts of south Tempe. Comparing to AT&T and Verizon is a bit trickier. They definitely have better in-building coverage but so far I haven't had a total loss of service when in a large building like I have heard a lot of people complain about. Coming from Sprint will definitely be a huge improvement since Sprint is still struggling with their Network Vision rollout here. Going from Sprint 3G to T-Mobile LTE has been like night and day. View attachment 425057

5. jlmcclellan thread starter macrumors member