T-Mobile iPhone 5 Data signal loss

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rockitdog, Apr 16, 2013.

1. rockitdog macrumors 68020

I've been using an iPhone on T-Mobile for about a month or so now (first unlocked and now a T-Mobile) and I've noticed on both that from time to time I lose the data signal on my iPhone (the E, 3G & now 4G) signals don't show up on my phone, I have to put it to sleep or restart it at times to get it to come back on. Does this happen to anyone else?

[​IMG]

2. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

Welcome to TMobile. Sprint and them pioneered the idea of horribly spotty data

3. rockitdog thread starter macrumors 68020

It happens so randomly. It happened this morning in my house where I have data 99% of the time. Do these dead spots roam around? yesterday I had one that last for a good mile or so on a major road in my town, annoying.

4. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Which firmware you on? Carrier bundle? And no it does not seem that you have the new aws bands iphone.

5. xmaseve macrumors regular

I've had some similar issues and according to technical support (level 2) and they say it has to deal with them currently working on tower upgrades in the area. He also agreed that it could be some issue that T-Mobile and Apple need to work out in terms of which frequency takes priority over the other. It might take a carrier update or modem firmware update to fix the issues. I can't put all the blame on T-Mobile after seeing how Apple has been slipping with quality control lately along with taking a long time to fix issues...Apple used to be so quick at fixing things.

6. rockitdog thread starter macrumors 68020

Actually I'm using the iphone that I picked up from TMO on Friday so it is the new version w/ AWS support. I'm able to get the HSPA+ coverage in areas that I couldn't before.

7. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Oh ok because you stated that you have been using an iphone woth tmobile for a month yet it just came out! I figured you had the older gsm version.

8. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

Try resetting network settings. That might help?

9. coolio93 macrumors 6502

This is normal....they are currently upgrading the towers. I had this problem a few months ago but it stopped after a couple of weeks.

10. CEmajr macrumors 601

They're upgrading towers near you. When this happens users get data coming in and out and/or fluctuations between O, Edge, and 4G.

11. rockitdog thread starter macrumors 68020

I was using the pure unlocked one from the Apple Store (pre-AWS version) before I got the actual T-MO version.

----------

Cool- thanks for the info. Makes sense.