T-Mobile iPhone 5 different from AT&T?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kobe24izzy, Apr 12, 2013.

1. kobe24izzy macrumors newbie

I called t-mobile and I told them when will I be getting 3G,4G, or LTE coverage in my area and they said that there is no LTE but there is 3G/4G coverage in my area for quite some time now. I told them how could that be if I have had my iPhone 5 for a couple months now and I still have edge. They then took me through some steps such as resetting my connection line and making sure my everything was enabled in my cellular settings. After all that I still couldn't get 3G/4G so they told me they were sorry and all this other bullcrap. A few minutes later I called t-mobile again and I told them the same question. They said that the current iPhone I have (which is AT&T unlocked) is not compatible with the current 3G/4G connection or coverage and that I will have to wait until December for it to be fully compatible. Now that's a pretty long time but I wanna know if this is true. Are you guys having the same issue? Do you guys 3G/4G coverage in your area but are stuck on edge?

2. Akack macrumors 6502a

Short and easy answer to your question is: buy the new t mobile iPhone 5 released today to take advantage of t mobiles data spectrum. If you can't get 4g with the new iPhone 5, then TMobile has poor coverage in your area and would advise going with the other 3 major carriers.

Below is a link to the differences to the original iPhone 5 and the retweaked iPhone 5 released today ( pay attention to the HSPA+ 1700 band which carries the more widespread and much more reliable 4G ):

http://www.tmonews.com/2013/03/taki...urrent-iphone-5-and-how-it-works-on-t-mobile/

3. CEmajr macrumors 601

The new iPhone 5 released by T-Mobile today has 3G/4G coverage wherever you see it on the coverage maps on their website. Go check out your area on t-mobile.com and if you're in the green areas then you will have 3G/4G on the new iPhone 5 model.

4. kobe24izzy thread starter macrumors newbie

I would love to buy a t-mobile iphone but I don't have the money and like they said, if I want to stay with my current iPhone 5, I have to wait until December to get 4G :( Is there any way I can replace my current iPhone 5 for a tmobile iphone?