T-Mobile iPhone 5S/5C Pricing Revealed

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CEmajr, Sep 12, 2013.

1. CEmajr macrumors 601

2. mdcosta911 macrumors member

mdcosta911

Love it.
    The big question now is- will T-mobile stores carry the 32/64GB 5S models in-store for the 20th? If so, I will go to the store in the morning and get my 64GB iPhone 5S *fingers crossed*!

3. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

Question: nano sim cards.

So if I get the 5s, my current sim card won't work. Can I buy a 5s at an Apple store, get the sim card at the Apple store, and have it activated at Apple Store?

Can I activate the phone/sim online at Tmobile.com, if I have the sim serial number?

Or do I need to visit a Tmobile store for the sim and activation?

Been forever since I've upgraded a sim.

4. mdcosta911 macrumors member

mdcosta911

For T-Mobile iPhones, you can only get the device unlocked at full retail price, but they will give you a SIM card with it and I believe they will also set it up for you with T-Mobile. If not, the SIM card is just ten bucks from a T-Mo store and you can call or activate it online.

5. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

O.K., but does that mean I can do all of this at an Apple Store? I already have T-Mobile account, so I can just buy the 5s at Apple, get sim, get it activated, all in one shot, yes?

6. mdcosta911 macrumors member

mdcosta911

As far as I understand it :)

7. Starfyre macrumors 68020

Starfyre

What is the cost of the iPhone 5S 64GB? Is it cheaper to just pay full price of the phone at tmobile store instead of going to apple store?

8. famoussasjohn macrumors 6502a

famoussasjohn

To get the payment plan for T-Mobile, I believe you have to visit a T-Mobile corporate store. If you want to buy the phone the phone flat out at full retail, then any store that sells the T-Mobile model will do.

9. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

If you buy the iPhone 5s full price at T-Mobile, it will be locked to the T-Mobile network. T-Mobile will unlock it for you after so many weeks/months of service.

If you buy full price from Apple you will purchase it unlocked and you can use any GSM SIM.

10. mmberry1 macrumors member

mmberry1

Are you positive about the phone being locked from a t-mobile store because I was planning on getting mine from there.

Thanks

11. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

12. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

Yes, it will be locked to T-Mobile. You can request an unlock if you meet these requirements.

You have purchased your device from T-Mobile or an authorized T-Mobile dealer and activated it on T-Mobile service;
    You have requested no more than 2 SIM unlock codes per line of service in the last 12 months.
    You paid for your device in full;
    Your account is in good standing;
    Your device has been active on the T-Mobile network for 40 days;

13. brittlewis12, Sep 13, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013

brittlewis12 macrumors newbie

T-Mobile iPhone 5S/5C Pricing Revealed

These prices are excellent. I switched to T-Mo from Verizon in June and haven't looked back since -- the service is fantastic here in NYC and the down payments for financing are insanely good. Here's hoping for a 64gb 5s for $299 down or less...

Anybody found any info on pricing for the 32/64 models, and if they'll be sold exclusively online again?

14. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

T-Mobile doesn't subsidize pricing because they no longer do contracts. What they do instead is offer financing on phones for 24 months which is pretty much the same as a contract, but you're still paying full price for the phone.

15. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

Except with a contract, you can't just pay off the phone and buy another at a lower upfront cost.

16. brittlewis12 macrumors newbie

Right, edited for clarity.

17. Jedi5 macrumors 6502

Jedi5

New to all this and I'm trying to understand...

I'm with TMO and I'll be upgrading to the 5s.
    Buying the 5s paid in full upfront from TMO.
    If I'm unhappy with TMOs service and I meet all the requirements, I can ask for an unlock and take my 5s to ATT?

I'm asking because I was reading this. Don't want to buy a phone I can't take with my to another carrier.

Thanks all!

18. brittlewis12 macrumors newbie

You absolutely can. That article you linked to only applied to older iPhone 5's purchased before T-Mobile became available. The 5s for T-Mobile (A1533) has all the GSM bands for 3G, HSPA+, and LTE on AT&T, T-Mobile, and many more carriers around the world.

19. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

You can ask for unlock provided that you meet the requirements if you purchased the phone in full from T-Mobile directly as oppose to an Apple store.

20. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

Yes. If you meet the listed requirements you can have your iPhone unlocked by T-Mobile and use AT&T or any GSM carrier.

21. CEmajr thread starter macrumors 601

It's going to be $199 down for the 32gb, $299 for the 64gb. No word on whether or not they will have them in stores this time around. I thought it was pretty silly that it was only online for the 5 last time.

22. rockitdog macrumors 68020

T-Mobile has never carried any things larger than the base capacity of any device in their stores. I'm guessing that's the same for the new iPhones too. The SIII, S4, iPhone5 all were only available in 16 GB sizes in store. Larger had to be ordered online.

23. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

That's my experience as well.

Maybe it will be different this time because it's the first time T-mobile will have the iPhone at launch.

24. rockitdog macrumors 68020

If they were going to have them available the why not announce them? Everything that have shared has been in regards to the 16GB version. They may not even have larger versions available right away.

25. oddnendz macrumors 6502

oddnendz

So a question then:

I am switching from Sprint to T-mobile. My contract is up on October 7th. Can I order the 5S (64G) from T-mobile and wait until the 8th to activate the new phone?

The ETF from Sprint is $100 (I am trying to avoid paying by waiting until the 8th.). Also, I am running up against a deadline of getting my old iPhone to Gazelle by the 15th of October (which I guess can be solved by trading it in with T-mobile).