T-Mobile iPhone 5S BackOrdered Launch Day

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rnbgrilla, Sep 24, 2013.

1. rnbgrilla, Sep 24, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2013

rnbgrilla macrumors member

did anyone here order an iPhone 5S from t-mobile store on launch day, and if so, did your phone ship yet?

i got iPhone 32GB Gold

2. Demonface macrumors 6502a

I ordered an 16gb and an 32gb gold iphone 5s . I still don't have a ship date but T-Mobile says its in October . No specific date at all . But they did tell me that since I ordered it at 8:24am on launch day that I have some type of priority .

3. rnbgrilla thread starter macrumors member

I order mine a little bit after 9am, but I was never told about the priority thing, but I did read a few peoples comments about it,

4. ThePeacemaker02 macrumors regular

I ordered a 32 gb gold at around 11:45 pm on the 19th (2:45am my time).

Basically went right to backorder. Support is saying they are shipping in the order they were ordered. I feel like they must've gotten like 10 of that color and capacity.

5. carfac macrumors 65816

carfac

ordered 32 black at 5 PM.... shipped saturday, got it today.

6. DGkiller macrumors newbie

16g silver/white, ordered through local T-mobile store around 9am on launch day with an estimated delivery date 10/1. The status changed to Backordered on 9/21, but the delivery date was still the same. Chat with T-mobile rep several time, saying as i place it on 9/20, it should be expected on 10/1 or even earlier. It is hard to believe this is going to happen since some buyers said their estimated delivery date is today 9/26, but they still get nothing and their status keep with Backordered...

7. jordanesque23 macrumors newbie

What time did you order? I ordered 16gb gold around 3:05 am est. Got an estimated delivery date of 9/30 but I got a notification that it's currently backordered and still hasnt shipped as of today.

8. intoadaze macrumors newbie

intoadaze

I just switched from GalaxyS3 to iPhone5s - I ordered mine on Saturday(21st) around 2p.m. The sales rep told me it would go automatically on backorder and it might ship until 2 weeks :(

9. Cr0nus macrumors member

Cr0nus

I ordered a 32gb gold around 3:33 am est. I too have an estimated delivery date of 9/30. Backordered. I called tmobile and they told me not to expect it on 9/30. :(

10. rnbgrilla thread starter macrumors member

I order mine 9am but took bout an hour with the store rep, so 10am, on launch day. She said due to high demand, my phone with be back order, I said okay, but now that it's been a week I don't know if I can wait any longer, I feel like I'm over the whole iphone 5S trip, and I keep thinking to myself, if it does not ship by oct 3. Im gonna cancel my order and just get a galaxy note 3. & hold out with that till the iPhone 6. I'm a die hard apple fan but after years & years of waiting, because apple can't keep up with demand, #

11. johnparjr macrumors 6502a

johnparjr

Walked into Apple store Launch day walked out with 32GB 5S for T-Mobile no problem

12. intoadaze macrumors newbie

intoadaze

Here is a good update! :D

Attached Files:

13. ThePeacemaker02 macrumors regular

Very cool, what model and capacity did you order?

14. intoadaze macrumors newbie

intoadaze

iPhone 5s, Silver, 16GB. I wanted to get the 32GB but didn't have enough money at the time -_-

15. farmD macrumors member

Man I ordered mine on launch day and you got yours before mine. I ordered a 16 GB silver and space gray. Boo...lol. I guess priorities doesn't exist.

16. intoadaze macrumors newbie

intoadaze

Haha I guess there really aren't any :p

17. farmD macrumors member

Ah I see. You live in Cali. Probably the reason why. Glad you're getting yours soon. Hopefully I see an update soon.

18. spicytunaroll macrumors newbie

Gold 62gb 5s on backorder

I ordered a gold 62gb 5s the day after launch day online with a EDD of 9/26. The status of my order just changed to backorder. I spoke to a tmobile rep and i was told that 5s will ship sometime in October. I'm over the 5s.:mad:

19. NoCleverSNForMe macrumors regular

I overheard a TMO rep at the store tell someone that the gold models will ship in November for new orders. Space gray and silver/white will ship within one week.

Crazy!! Only a few more days/weeks! Hope you get it soon (Tuesday!).

20. Demonface macrumors 6502a

That's probably for people which ordered after 9/20 .

21. lexyydexyy macrumors newbie

I ordered my gold 32g iPhone at the T-Mobile store around 10am on 9/20. The T-Mobile rep told me that they were backordered but I had no clue it would be so long. This well be my first Apple device and I'm already a little upset that it's almost been two weeks and I don't have my phone. Anyone know the estimated delivery? Has anyone received their phone for the same date and time that I ordered mine?

22. rnbgrilla thread starter macrumors member

I kinda know how u feel, after waiting for one more week I decided that I was over getting the 5S, oh I ended up calling the T-Mobile store, just to be curious to see if they had any 5s available, and they did 32 GB space grey, then I called customer service and they told me they could not cancel my order, after talking to four different people I finally got the order canceled, but when I got to the T-Mobile store they told me that I could not cancel my order, and I said that's not what the customer service representative said, and I told the lady I also recorded of a conversation just to be sure that whatever they told me is true, she totally different she said in her notes that the guy that helped me on the phone wrote different, saying that he could not cancel the order and blah blah blah blah blah blah, she told me that those customer service representatives will say anything just to get you of the phone, The end I got it all worked out today I have my phone