Carrier T-Mobile iPhone X/8 Pre Order Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Carlos22Dayday, Sep 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. kevjen888 macrumors 6502

I saw that thread. I probably will hear it too. But it’s very rare I talk on the phone using air buds so it’s a none issue for me. I’m pretty sure it’s one iOS patch away from resolving it.

2. Ngamtns706 macrumors regular

Oh you use air buds. It won’t bother ya then. I hope you don’t experience it. I agree I think it’s a patch away as well. Apple is rushing me a new one but it’s probably pointless. I’m on T-Mobile too.

3. Ayeyotone macrumors regular

Ayeyotone

Anybody kno when tmobile posted the SS AWS 3?

4. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

Had to be within the past couple of days. I looked Thursday because I wanted the SS case, and they didn't have them. Now it looks like they do.

5. Billburns macrumors 6502

Billburns

How hard will it be to get a T-Mobile X On release day?

Paying cash btw

6. sigomez macrumors regular

My guess; prop next to impossible. Best bet might be ordering directly from apple.com

7. APPLEbywayofANDROID macrumors newbie

APPLEbywayofANDROID

If paying cash, you may have better luck buying straight from Apple full price. They’ll sell it like that with no issue, just not if you want the iup. Otherwise you’d have to go in. I’d bank on straight from Apple before T-Mobile.

8. Cyberguycpt macrumors 6502

Cyberguycpt

I think Tmobile may be your best bets actually. With Apple being the only other retailer of the Tmobile variant I think Tmobile will probably have the most as most people will be buying on a Tmobile EIP.

9. beastmode2449 macrumors newbie

beastmode2449

Yeah Apple is your best bet. I pre-ordered from T-Mobile and they lost my order, now are telling me to re-order it again. I may just wait for the X now.. I don't know. I wish I chose Apple.

10. ohaishawnn macrumors member

I was able to walk into a T-Mobile store this morning and get an 8 Plus with Jump On Demand; I was surprised they had some in stock but now that I see analysts are predicting demand isn't very strong, it makes sense. I wasn't planning on getting the 8 since I had a 7 Plus, but thanks to JOD, I was able to get one at no cost and I'll still be able to get an X when they go on Preorder.

11. haileyscomet macrumors regular

haileyscomet

That’s what I said. It was a huge hassle on Friday :mad:
    --- Post Merged, Sep 25, 2017 ---
    Mine does that

12. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

Apple store app is going to be my first choice, but if you have more than one device, I would have both fired up and ready to go, one on Apple and one on t-mobile. You never know.... I do think shipping times will slip within the first 2 or 3 minutes.

13. Ngamtns706 macrumors regular

I think they all do. Not always, every call, or all the time, but they all seem to. Apple is sending me a free express replacement I called on Sat, but it still hasn’t shipped and I’m not worried about it. I hope it doesn’t ship until a later build. Hopefully they patch it via software update.

14. kevjen888 macrumors 6502

How lenient is T-Mobile when it comes to unlock policy? Does it really need to be fully paid off before they unlock for you? I’ve heard both versions. And how easy is their unlocking process? I remember years back AT&T would require you to connect your phone with iTunes or something.

15. Billburns macrumors 6502

Billburns

16. andyx3x macrumors 65816

Last year all the T-Mobile stores around here got zero 7 Pluses to sell on launch day. I would guess that's gonna be your answer. If not zero, just a few max and I would bet against it.

17. ShawnTXDFW macrumors regular

ShawnTXDFW

I was hoping TMobile would have the Stainless Steel AWS3 but when I called them today they don’t offer it. Is that what you were referring to at all or am I just reading this wrong?! Sucks because the Stainless Steel Space Black 42MM is the one I want.

18. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

No, you're right. I called them last night and I got the same answer as you. I chalked it up to a clueless rep though. Their web site clearly has the SS and SBSS in 38mm and 42mm. I may call back later today and see.

When I asked the rep about the SS case, he went into talking about the different bands, so I knew I had to cut the conversation short.

19. RayLancer macrumors member

Waiting for my local store to get more 8 models. I went a day after launch day and all they had were 8 64GB in gold at all the local stores near me.

20. Ayeyotone macrumors regular

Ayeyotone

That’s weird I ordered one ☝️ AWS3

21. ShawnTXDFW macrumors regular

ShawnTXDFW

Actually good news! You can get one. I had to go in store to order one and they had me setup for one. So go to your local TMobile store and see if they will do it for you.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 26, 2017 ---
    Well they won’t let you do it over the phone for some reason. Not sure what the deal is there. But yes I ordered one today.

Attached Files:

22. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

That's awesome to hear! I live near a T-Mobile store, so I'll have to stop by.

Do they have watches in store to try on?

23. ShawnTXDFW macrumors regular

ShawnTXDFW

They had two in store. But only for try on’s. My local TMobile store had no AWS3 watches in stock though. I almost went with space grey and would just upgrade later. Sucks I had to have a down payment. That’s why I miss AT&T. TMobile told me they try to keep the EIP’s as low as they do hence the down payment. AT&T would finance me REGARDLESS even if my EIP through them was high.

24. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

Good to know. I'm still undecided on whether I should get the 38mm or 42mm, so trying on the 42mm in the store would definitely help make up my mind.

I actually don't mind the down payment since it keeps the monthly payments down. Although I can only imagine how much one would have to put down on the X when it's released.