T-Mobile is a business, but maybe a little greedy?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by nandopr, Sep 15, 2017.

1. nandopr macrumors regular

nandopr

2. Farrellcollie macrumors 6502

3. squirrrl macrumors 6502a

squirrrl

I think in general they have lead the industry in bringing the price down on mobile data plans and bringing back unlimited data... remember just a few years ago, people were being charged overages for going over their data plans on most networks and everyone was pairing back their unlimited plans that were in place over 5 years ago.

But I agree with the OP that I think T mobile missed this one.

4. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

T-Mobile has really screwed this one up. I can't believe they want $10 a month for a device that will not be used very often and then on top of that, they throttle it a painfully slow speed.

I'm giving it 2 weeks and if T-Mobile doesn't reverse course, then I will change carriers and they will lose me as a customer.

5. nandopr thread starter macrumors regular

nandopr

6. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

7. hlfway2anywhere macrumors 65816

They also charge $15 a month for Apple watch if you're already receiving a maximum of $40 autopay discount. So as a business customer with 13 lines, only 8 get the "with autopay" price, and my watch would be $15mo with autopay.

8. predation macrumors 65816

I didn't know auto pay was maxed at $40. Good to know. I'm at 4 lines right now. Was thinking of adding lines, but won't now. Lol

9. crzdcolombian macrumors 6502a

crzdcolombian

My bill from switching from ATT to T Mobile went from $240 a month for 4 people to 146 for 4 people. Under the ATT plan I had 2 iPhones on the next program. On T Mobile I have only 1. They gave me 4 free iPhones as well for switching. I mean they are out to make money but they don't charge you BS fees. I mean verizon's def the best out of the big 3 but you have to pay a premium. Was the ATT call quality better? Yup.... even tho the T mobile internet keeps winning awards I def feel its way slower then ATT and doesn't work in more places. I work in Boston, NYC, Connecticut and sometimes fly out to California or Chicago..... really no excuse for dead zones. But When I had Verizon and ATT and lived in Brooklyn and Boston they have dead zones to. Either way I save over $100 a month so I am super super happy.

10. edhchoe macrumors 6502a

edhchoe

I switched to tmobile from Verizon when the unlimited plan at Verizon went away.
    And now tmobile wants to charge $20/mo for apple watch line on my select choice plan. Not cool.

There is no Cellular Reception from tmobile at my work while Verizon has strong signal. And now $20/mo for the AW3 line... not cool at all.

11. crzdcolombian macrumors 6502a

crzdcolombian

I didn't have reception at work when I had Verizon. It was a 5 mile dead zone drive from work to my apartment in Boston a major US City. Verizon has dead zones too. As does At&t at my wife's parents house they can't use their AtT phones in certain places. How cheap is your plan? Obviously they want you to change just like every other company to the more expensive plan.