Carrier T-Mobile JUMP ON DEMAND Scam - New Iphone 6S/6S+ upgrade not eligible

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by masayako, Sep 20, 2015.

1. masayako macrumors member

masayako

Today, I find out T-Mobile is attempting to charge my credit card for the 6 to 6s plus iphone upgrade (which suppose to be free) based on T-Mobile JUMP ON DEMAND program.

To all T-Mobile JUMP ON DEMAND customers: - you are not eligible to upgrade to the new 6S/6S+ at least after 4 months using with the existing phones!! This is ridiculous.

When I first discussed with T-Mobile, they mentioned that each user can upgrade to the new devices 3 times a year; however, now they are saying you can only upgrade the device once every 4 months between upgrading. This is non-sense! This is a lawsuit'able case & a breach of agreement.

2. Jessem1133 macrumors 6502

3. chino303 macrumors regular

chino303

Good luck on your endeavour!

4. DoofenshmirtzEI macrumors 6502a

DoofenshmirtzEI

Every four months is three times a year. What does your contract say?

5. jtpterp macrumors regular

This isn't true.

I bought my 6 Plus JoD like 3 weeks ago. I have 6s Plus coming Friday.

6. masayako thread starter macrumors member

masayako

May I ask: Did your credit card get charged for the new 6s Plus? Did you do it over the phone or at the T-Mobilestore?

7. jtpterp macrumors regular

I got charged for the upgrade in memory as I went from a 16GB to 64. That's it.

over the phone order.

8. MikesGravity macrumors 6502

I got a 6+ on JOD 2 weeks ago and my 6S+ is being delivered Friday. I'm thinking he wanted to upgrade the storage.

9. jtpterp macrumors regular

"Benefit Limit. You may only request, and we are only obligated to provide, JUMP! ON DEMAND benefits or similar benefits three times during any 12-month period, including JUMP! ON DEMAND benefits or similar benefits provided under a previous agreement. You may not receive JUMP benefits for an item of Equipment that is the same make and model (including a different color) as any Equipment you previously leased from us. Benefit limits are specific to the line of service associated with the Eligible Device. If you use all three of your JUMP! ON DEMAND benefits prior to the end of a specific twelve month period for a line of service, you will be ineligible for additional JUMP! ON DEMAND benefits for the remainder of that period for that line of service."

Nothing in there about every 4 months. You can burn all 3 in a week for all they care.

10. masayako thread starter macrumors member

masayako

Good for you. Not in my case. When I try to do a JOD upgrade from 6+ to 6s+ 128gb, I got a purchase charge today. I called T-Mobile and cancel the order immediately. That's when I find out about the 4 months thing. This is false advertisement. People suppose to be able to upgrade any phone any time up to 3x a year, I was told.

SEP20
    T-MOBILE USA
    $1,025.99
    Doing business as:
    T-MOBILE USA
    12920 SE 38TH ST
    BELLEVUE
    WA
    98006-1350
    UNITED STATES
    Category: Communications - Telephone Comm

11. masayako thread starter macrumors member

masayako

This is my EXACT understanding as well. But apparently, I am being told a different story (again) today. I will stop calling them and head to the physical store tomorrow.

12. ziggo macrumors 6502

ziggo

This is really disturbing if true. I'm a JOD customer and could only see myself upgrading once a year HOWEVER should I want to I was under the impression that upgrading three times a year was up to my discretion, having to time every four months is kind of ridiculous in an era where a new flagship smartphone is released every 15 minutes

13. Benched08 macrumors regular

I'm sure some rep just made a mistake, nobody else has had this experience, including me.

14. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

Did you use a credit card or debit card? If you used a credit card is it possible that charge was only a TEMPORARY HOLD charge just to make sure you had funds in case you didn't turn in the original phone? That's happened to me many times with other cross-shipments items.

Since it seems many others have successfully used that program so maybe YOUR issue is only a glitch? If that's the case a lawsuit wouldn't benefit anyone except your lawyer. You may be getting ahead of yourself a bit labeling it a scam rather than an error. Big difference there. :)

15. nikhsub1 macrumors 68010

nikhsub1

More like a lawlsuit.

16. masayako thread starter macrumors member

masayako

Well, the fact is: They told me this is the way it is and a charge a thousand dollar has been charged proved that they mean it. At least in my case.

17. hansenc macrumors 6502

hansenc

sure they made a mistake, switched from att to tmobile the weekend the 6s came out. switched one of our lines into an iphone 6 and then placed an order for the 6s the next day. already have tracking number and imei and had no issues.

18. PTLove macrumors 6502

Its not uncommon to have a temporary charge until the original equipment is properly returned. They dont 'float' hardware or money on the market.

19. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Something is really strange with how you are being billed. When did you order the device? Plenty of people who order upgrades at midnight (PST) on launch night haven't even seen charges or shipment statuses, yet you are being billed for the full cost of the device? Also, do you live in a state without sales tax? Because that price you quoted seems to be the MSRP of the device. Lastly, are you absolutely certain your 6+ was a JoD and NOT regular Jump?

20. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

If this was SOP I am sure we would have heard about it by now. People ordering 3-4 phones would have thousands of dollars "temp charged" to their credit cards. I honestly don't suspect that is what is happening here.

21. masayako thread starter macrumors member

masayako

They are telling me my JOD 6+ has not passed the 4 months period, that's why I cannot upgrade to the 6s+. Hence, it is considered a full price purchase. That's the issue.

22. masayako thread starter macrumors member

masayako

It's a credit card.

23. eclipxe macrumors regular

You try calling back? I bought a 6+ 3 weeks ago and was able to pre-order a 6S with no issue.

24. lordofthereef, Sep 21, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2015

lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

You're literally the first and only person I have read they are telling this to. How many representatives have you talked to? People have quoted verbatim what the jump on demand agreement states about replacing a device. This is black and white. You should easily be able to get a supervisor or a higher up to handle your issue. If that doesn't work you can email the CEO. Posting on social media also seems to get them eager to quickly help since they don't like the bad reviews.

By the way, what is "JoD 6+"? I'm mostly confused with what that 6+ is supposed to indicate?

I'm not saying you're dishonest but there is clearly a mixup somewhere. The entire point of JoD is to swap phones three times a year (they must be difference models, which is the only stipulation).

One thing you can do when you call in is get the representatives full name and ID number (this number is what identifies them as the specific employee working from TMO). There is. I reason they shouldn't give you that number. In fact, with my last order (there was a huge mixup for me as well) the representative offered his number up to me because he will be adjusting my account and applying credit on October 7th once the devices have shipped and are received by me.

Despite this ordering process being the most difficult I've had, the customer service has been truly top notch. For me, it really goes to show how much customer service weighs in on my opinions about a company. Their willingness to help has me willing to put up with a whole lot more than I would have with ATT!

25. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I'm assuming he is referring to the 6+ that he got via JOD and now wants to swap for the 6S+. But I could be wrong.