Carrier T-Mobile just upgraded my account to unlimited 4g LTE through February 2019?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lordofthereef, Sep 8, 2016.

1. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

so, wife just got this text (took a photo instead of screenshot since there are other more account specific texts in the thread from T-Mobile).

Our current plan is 4x 10gb lines for $120. Apparently they were all just upgraded to unlimited? And if I understand correctly that still should include 10gb hotspot per line (since we are paying 10gb a month).

Anyone else get this?

http://www.t-mobile.com/offer/enjoy-unlimited-crm1.html#2

IMG_3487.JPG

Attached Files:

2. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Thats... interesting to say the least o_O

Congrats on the upgrade LoTR!

Best not to question things like this ;)

#UncarrierIndeed

3. Chatter macrumors 6502a

Actually its not surprising to me atleast. TMo does cool things like this. I called about a tethering (hotspot) question once and I guess I only had 500mb? Anyway, the lady says "oh if you are traveling hotel wifi is so expensive" and gave me 2 GB to use for free!

4. lordofthereef thread starter macrumors G5

lordofthereef

It's pretty cool for sure but i hadn't even contacted customer service or anything in many months. This was just so... out of the blue.

I'm now wondering if this will allow me to lift the binge on restriction? Hadn't had much of an issue with it and I Watch an average of 45 minutes a day between gym and work commute.

PS I just got the text on my line too.

5. ET007 macrumors member

I received the same txt but did not pay attention to the part that said Feb 2019. It is a pretty nice deal. Regarding the hotspot feature, I am on the 10 gb plan but also purchased an additional 10gb. Do you by any chance know whether I would be able to hotspot 20 gb under this unlimited promotion?

6. amro macrumors 6502

Is it their new One plan? Because that's not such a good deal compared to the Simple Choice.

7. ET007 macrumors member

Not their new one plan just some loyalty promotion. I did not even ask for it.

8. mikeabbz macrumors member

got the same text with a link....the link states hotspot data does not change

9. dannyar macrumors 6502a

Got the same one as well. This is not the new One plan, so not limited video quality wise. Does state in fine print that may be throttled after 26gb if the needs demand it.

10. lordofthereef thread starter macrumors G5

lordofthereef

It's a strange promo for sure. They just rolled out the one plan and they're giving away their old plan for free for a year and a half lol. I'll take it.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 8, 2016 ---
    Doesn't seem so based on yeh description but I suppose it's possible.

11. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Are we positive this isn't the new One plan? I've been browsing online and no one can truly confirm this is a simple choice unlimited plan or a tmobile one plan.

If this is the new tmobile one plan, I'd rather stick with my old plan with legacy data stash that I can tether with and still stream HD video.

12. noobinator macrumors 603

noobinator

13. Freakonomics101 macrumors 68000

Freakonomics101

Well has anyone checked the name of their plan in their account? The Binge On option should still be in the media settings area if the old plan is still in effect.

I remember when I had 2 lines with 6 GB each, I saw a feature that I could add that would give my line unlimited data. It was $45. I'm sure that's what they did to the people who were upgraded, just waived that $45 fee.

14. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I spoke with a tmobile rep on the phone who said it's the tmobile one plan.

I then chatted with a rep online who said it's not the tmobile one plan and it's special plan just for loyal customers. We can still stream hd video at no additional cost and tether 10gb per month.

I received the text message but no change has occurred to my account yet.

15. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

My uncle just got the same text earlier.
    It's just a loyalty upgrade from tmobile.
    When was the last time you heard of Verizon or AT&T actually doing something like that?
    All they do is jack up prices and try to find ways to charge more.

16. hellopupy macrumors regular

hellopupy

Its probably a marketing ploy. Doing this right before the iPhone 7 is ready for launch.

There is no better press than word of mouth.

Then as people share their cool stories about how amazing T-Mobile is, it'll get people to think twice about contracting with the competitors.

Plus I'm sure they do some analytics and make sure the people they give unlimited to are less likely to abuse the free service.

17. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

Wrong!

It's two and a half years. :p

18. CaptOblivious macrumors member

Its not the One plan, my account still shows the previous plan but now with unlimited data.

19. ramonabynes macrumors regular

ramonabynes

20. lordofthereef thread starter macrumors G5

lordofthereef

lol you're right. And I can't even claim it was late when I was doing math.

21. Chatter macrumors 6502a

Ya I am not sure about increasing hotspot limits generally but I dont really care. I have unlimited internet on the phone and my company pays for hotel wifi :D:D:D.

Oh and this summer, I got unlimited LTE in Asia and Europe as TMo was doing another promo!!!! I love their random stuff and my free frosty on Tuesdays :p