t mobile lte booster

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Paulshaqz, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Paulshaqz macrumors 6502a

i didn't know anywhere else to post this subject on hear forgive me if it's in the wrong section... anyways i ordered the lte booster and it works pretty good in my home however the research i did is i found out that the lte booster can download firmware updates however the explanation is very confusing on how to doing this... i called t mobile tech support they said it's already updated and had no idea really about it? when some said they did the firmware update to it dose anyone have one and can confirm they download the firmware on there new lte booster and if so how would i do this? thanks in advance.

2. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

T-Mobile now carries Cel-Fi LTE booster?

3. Paulshaqz thread starter macrumors 6502a

yup, free of charge as long as you qualify but they should hand them out pretty easy.

4. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

I have the HSPA+ one. But not the LTE version. I need to call T-Mobile and get the LTE booster ASAP!

5. coolio93 macrumors 6502

The firmware updates for the LTE signal booster will happen without any user interaction.

6. Paulshaqz thread starter macrumors 6502a

So it is OTA? that's what confused me cause from what I've read by other people they was updating the firmware manually as far as where I'm not sure?

7. coolio93 macrumors 6502

I apologize. It seems I may be wrong. I used to have a HSPA booster and that was updated OTA without me ever having to do anything. But after doing a Google search, looks like the lte version can perhaps be updated from your computer. Does the signal booster have a USB port?

8. Paulshaqz thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah the mini USB to usb from what there saying it's some company called Seahawk I think? And the software for Mac doesn't work even though its up unless its a wrong site?

9. coolio93 macrumors 6502

Not sure about the actual procedure so I don't wanna mislead you. But I was just saying that it appears that you can in fact update the software yourself

10. Paulshaqz thread starter macrumors 6502a

I just checked the window unit it don't have one but the coverage unit dose have a mini USB port.