T-mobile / orange customers annoyed with poor service regarding iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sam3020, Sep 19, 2012.

1. sam3020 macrumors 6502a

sam3020

I am really disappointed in the way that t mobile has dealt with pre orders saying that that the phone can take up to 30 days to arrive and that they only start receiving the stock in on Friday which is a load of rubbish as every other carrier has already received

Please post with your experience of t mobile and orange pre orders

2. Jashmid macrumors regular

I bought my iPhone directly from Apple (sim-free) and am going to simply swap my sim for a nano version. T-Mob UK have confirmed to me via twitter that this will not be a problem (no specific dates given yet). But then, again, the rep I spoke to on 150 didn't even know what nano-sim was and kept telling me that I can use my current sim with iPhone 5 (I didn't bother to argue; didn't have time to edumacate him!!).

The fact that they insist on not giving out nano-sims until after launch is just pathetic. I'm still using my old chunky sim card from god knows how many years ago (cut to micro-sim, obviously!).

My only worry right now is that they're going to repeat the same nonsense that went on after iPhone 4 launch (old sim to micro-sim) and delay things for those who only want to swap their sim cards. Judging by their reputation, that's exactly what is going to happen on Friday.:(

3. Jashmid macrumors regular

Spoke with two different T-mob reps today at their two store in Guildford. First one was completely oblivious. Second one was either being way too honest or was just being nasty and told me that they had nano-sims in stock, but couldn't sell them until tomorrow. And even then, customers who buy their iPhones from T-mob will have priority.

Makes sense from a business point of view. But I'm the customer. And if after 10 years, I want to swap my sim, I'm not going to take no for an answer. :mad:

4. TheMagicPirate macrumors newbie

I called Orange today as they hadn't yet updated me on my delivery that I was expectiong tomorrow.

I was told that Orange had none in stock and that I would likely NOT get it on Friday.

Grrr, if I'd known that I would have waited and just upgraded in store tomorrow.

5. sam3020 thread starter macrumors 6502a

sam3020

It is completely rubbish. I just rang them again and there giving me the same rubbish answer of could be up to 30 days. Some people who have ordered an iPhone though t mobile have said they have started to receive tracking information from t mobile for delivery tomorrow. Hopefully I get a text this evening