T-Mobile Order (not Preorder) Status

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by granolatx, Sep 27, 2014.

1. granolatx, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2014

granolatx macrumors newbie

T-Mobile.com - I ordered my iPhone 6+ Sept 23 at around 5:00pm. Status said backordered; expected delivery date Oct 2nd. I thought that was pretty fast considering the extent of wait times for a plus for pre-orders. Now it has gone to "pending shipping", under a backordered status. I wonder if it is going to ship by 9/30 to arrive by Oct 2nd?

2. neile45 macrumors regular

I ordered on 9/22 thru Jump thru the store, a 16gb gray one, and it's still showing backordered, no estimated delivery is posted.

3. R.Perez macrumors 6502

R.Perez

I ordered a 16gb gold plus on 9/24. Expecting to wait about a month. Anyone have any better idea based on past experience?

4. granolatx thread starter macrumors newbie

You didn't see an expected ship date on your order? Mine said by 10/2. Sounded too fast, but I am hopeful.

5. tardman91 macrumors 65816

tardman91

Can you order in-store if you don't have jump? I want to see about trading my 5 and putting an additional $200 down. I just want a regular 6 in space gray 64 gb.

6. R.Perez macrumors 6502

R.Perez

Mine said something similar but I'm assuming it isn't correct. The wait time says 1-8 weeks. I'm setting myself on a month with the hope that it'll come sooner.

7. Mac7 macrumors 6502a

Mac7

Interesting see as the expected shipped dates are 1-8 weeks

8. R.Perez macrumors 6502

R.Perez

So I called today and asked if I could get a realistic shipping date for my order on 9/24. They are telling me that my order should ship in the next couple days and arrive by Oct. 3rd. Looking at the pre-order thread, Oct 3. seems like a load of bollocks but who knows. Have any of you heard anything?

9. granolatx thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, when I ordered my phone on 924, it's expected shipping date said October 2. no arrival date October 2. I was really shocked but I printed it just to have it on file. Mine still says backordered, but who knows, maybe they're receiving 1 million phones this week and then they're going to ship them all out. Who knows!

10. R.Perez macrumors 6502

R.Perez

So, it looks like I'm going to have a bit longer to wait. I got to thinking last night that the 16GB was really not gonna cut it. I stream almost all my music and backup my pictures via Google, but with the better apps available on iOS I'm afraid I was going to run out of space. So I changed my order to a 128GB. They are still saying orders should ship in about a week so if that's actually true maybe it won't take that long.

11. granolatx thread starter macrumors newbie

-----
    I just checked and my order has not even gotten out of backordered status. My original delivery date said 10/2. That would be tomorrow. I'll probably be on the 4 week wait, which puts me at about 10/27 or so. Halloween special delivery.

12. R.Perez macrumors 6502

R.Perez

Hey MacRumors,

HELP ME!

I canceled the order on my 16GB iPhone (6plus) with tmobile 3 days ago and ordered the 128GB version. I was told my card would not be charged. Yesterday, I got an overdraft notification from my bank and saw that tmobile had charged me for the phone. I immediately called and they told me they had canceled my order again and that the charge would be credited back.

Alas, today the charge still shows as pending on my bank account and I received a shipping notification from tmobile just now!

So what should me recourse be? Should I call tmobile again? Should I list the phone for sale? Are people still making a profit selling these? What would you do!?

13. Mahler12x macrumors regular

Mahler12x

Wait, you ordered 3 days ago and you've already gotten a shipping notification, as in it's been shipped? When's it supposed to arrive?

14. Mahler12x macrumors regular

Mahler12x

Hey, keep us posted. I haven't even ordered yet cuz I figured after everything the TMobile preorders went through it'd be like 6-8 weeks.

15. R.Perez macrumors 6502

R.Perez

No. I ordered the 128GB 3 days ago, that still says "backordered" and I haven't been charged.

This order was for a 16GB that I ordered on 9/24. I canceled the order 3 days ago over the phone and again yesterday when I saw they charged me. And yet, they are still shipping me a phone!

16. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

Are you able to mail in your old iPhone AFTER you receive the new iPhone 6?

17. KingArthurVI macrumors regular

KingArthurVI

Ordered from Apple.com on 29th, shipped this morning and ETA 8 October. Any chance it'll come sooner than that?

18. R.Perez macrumors 6502

R.Perez

I love how people quoted my post but didn't actually read it, thanks.

19. neile45 macrumors regular

I'm going to mail in my Galaxy Note 3 after I receive it, yes.

----------

Ordered my 6+ 16 gb on the 23, still backordered. I think it depends on your model. I'm not counting on mine anytime soon.

20. zox2003 macrumors newbie

If you guys pay full price for device you can get AT&T or Verizon iPhone 6 or 6 Plus...They are unlocked and working perfect with TMobile....No waiting time..A lot of Apple Stores have them on stock now...:)

21. R.Perez macrumors 6502

R.Perez

I'd have to put it on my Discover and pay 17% interest. Not worth it for me.

22. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

Using my jump trade in plan. It's already $10 extra for insurance and upgrade. I checked the local verizon store and apple store. Sold out of all the plus. Or I'd rather sell my 5c instead.

23. Paulshaqz macrumors 6502a

i ordered mine on the 29th my guess is it's gonna be a long wait before i see a actual tracking number for when its ready to ship.