T-Mobile Refill Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Pinkstiletto66, May 15, 2013.

1. Pinkstiletto66 macrumors 6502

Used up my 5gb so now on 2g. I can't manage 2g so I refilled my account. However it seems it doesn't refill until when the first refill expires at the end of the month.

Is there no way to restart it now? Do I have to wait until the end of the year. I'm new to this refill thing and when I went to my account it said I have $30 that will be used on the end of the month.

Also during the purchase it said $100 refills last a year. So does that mean I would get a combined amount of $30 x 3 (300 minutes, 15 gb of 4g ) that last for a year or when done?

2. NewAnger macrumors 6502a

You just have to wait till the next month starts. The $30 will be used then.

3. Pinkstiletto66 thread starter macrumors 6502

4. NewAnger macrumors 6502a

You can add all the money you want but it still will only refresh your account every 30 days.

5. Pinkstiletto66 thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh okay thanks. Now I know. Would I be able to upgrade to a simple plan now? Or have to wait till end of the month?

6. NewAnger macrumors 6502a

Everything I could ever find on changing plans says the new plan will begin on the date your new month begins.

7. Pinkstiletto66 thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh darn. I saw that too online when I looked at the $70 plan. Effective date was at end of month. Thanks anyway for the help.

8. CEmajr macrumors 601

You should be able to call customer care and tell them to restart your bill cycle immediately. I've seen customers on the $30 1500 minutes plan do this quite often.

9. Pinkstiletto66 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. I'm about to five them a call because I'm dying on this 2g speeds. Ugh.

10. Pinkstiletto66 thread starter macrumors 6502

They restarted my plan but they can only do it with a supervisor. The other $30 plan you can do that without going through a supervisor.

11. NewAnger macrumors 6502a

I accidentally used all my 5GB by tethering last week while I was downloading a TV show season on iTunes. My WiFi quit and so it automatically connected to my Nexus 4 using up all my data. I just have one more day to go till my new month starts so I'll just be patient. I used 4.9GB so I haven't been throttled yet, but close.

12. luzxkm macrumors newbie

You just have to wait till the next month starts.[​IMG]

13. Pinkstiletto66 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well that's not bad. Yea 5g with no wifi won't work for me. I'm shopping around for cable companies at the moment to get both cable and Internet.

14. osofast240sx macrumors 68030

osofast240sx

Try TWC. I have just basic cable and Internet. I made sure they gave me a modem only, their wifi modems setups suck. I purchased a airport express for wifi.

15. Pinkstiletto66 thread starter macrumors 6502

Are you in NYC? I keep hearing bad things about them online. At this point though I think they are the cheapest. I called to see if there was fios in my area yesterday but turns out there isn't. However they offered direct tv and Internet for too much. From what I saw TWC had Internet and cable for $65. Unfortunately their website leaves much to be desired. Like I could only get information by calling them it seems.

----------

I didn't know a wifi modem existed. Is that like a modem with wifi in it, eliminating the need fora wifi router? Like my old cable was a modem then you plug in the router (I believe that's what it's called) that gave off the signal.

16. BruiserB macrumors 65816

I have the same question regarding adding the hotspot feature......If I turn it on now, will it not take effect until my account cycles next week? I'm ok with that....I didn't want to turn it on now and pay $15 for just a few days.....also don't want to wait till after the cycle date and have to wait a full month for it to work.

17. Pinkstiletto66 thread starter macrumors 6502

I advise you to wait unless you just started your plan. I had to call to use my minutes now and they restarted my plan. Since you are adding tether which is an additional feature I'm not sure how that would work and doubt they'd extend your plan. Give them a call because normally if you add money to your account you will have to wait until your month is over.