T-mobile reframing network in Minneapolis?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by awesomest47, Mar 30, 2013.

1. awesomest47 macrumors member

Is anyone in the Twin Cities seeing t-mobile 3G on their iPhone? I am thinking about making the jump to an iPhone but want to know first. Also, do Tmo MVNOs have access to the reframed network as well? Thanks!!

2. CEmajr macrumors 601

Just wait for until April 12th to get the Tmobile iPhone that supports their AWS bands and more widespread HSPA+ network. That way you won't have to rely on the refarming.

3. upnorth85 macrumors 6502

I bought an iPhone 5, in November after they announced that Refarming was "done" in Minneapolis, St. Paul and St. Cloud. It was a frustrating 2 months of non stop dropped calls, Edge network all the time. I still have not gone back to my iPhone 5. I would strongly recommended not relying on T-mobile's shoddy PCS coverage to use an iPhone 5 on their network. The new iPhone 5, will have AWS frequency built in so that phone should be the one you target. OPs like you ask this question about coverage, because T-mobile is the only major provider that has for over 6 months now claiming a great PCS 1900 Mhz network and invites people to bring their iPhone to their network. Yet, they do not provide a single coverage map on the 1900 Mhz PCS band. In any Europeans country the regulators would have thrown the rule book at them. But our toothless tigers FCC and FTC are the foxes guarding the hen houses. Unfortunately it is the consumers that are the hen not corporations that are not ethical.

4. DMaki650 macrumors 6502

DMaki650

In the area I live in I see 3G on my iPhone 5 and have not had a single issue. There was a file it download from a pop up that showed up shortly after turning on my phone with a T-Mobile SIM card in it. Not sure if you guys got the same file or not. But yeah, no issues here works great.

5. TSE macrumors 68030

I have been a Twin Cities T-Mobile costumer for almost 4 years and have never had a problem, in fact 99% of the time my service is better than my friends who have AT&T. Overall, however, I find Verizon to be best around the Twin Cities area, just can't beat the price of T-Mobile.

6. BruiserB macrumors 65816

I live in a condo just NE of downtown and work in Golden Valley. Switched to TMo last December and have been satisfied.....using my unlocked iPhone 4. I have 3G almost everywhere. There was a patch along 394 around St Louis Park that would drop to edge, but it stopped doing that about a month ago. My workplace has a internal microcell like device for Tmobile and it only does an edge signal....I have access to wifi at work as well so it's not so critical. I did complain about it to my IT department though and they said Tmobile may upgrade that equipment soon.

If you stay primarily within the 494/694 loop I think you'd have 3G most areas. I'm wanting to get the official Tmobile iPhone but will try to wait for the 5S or whatever is introduced later this summer.