Carrier T-Mobile: Switching an iPhone with promotional credits to another line

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tromboneaholic, Oct 19, 2018.

1. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

My mom wants the iPhone XS Max.

She currently has an iPhone X from T-Mobile. She purchased it with a payment plan and traded in her iPhone 6+, for which she received $300 in monthly credits - over 24 months.

She wants to buy the Max and give the X to my dad, so he can use it on his existing T-Mobile line.

Since she is still receiving the monthly credits towards the X, would switching the X to another line affect anything (cancelling future credits)?

She is not cancelling the line, so I'm not sure how T-Mobile would view switching the phone to another line.

2. predation macrumors 65816

Shouldn’t affect it as long as the line it was activated on hasn’t moved off the account

3. tromboneaholic thread starter Suspended

tromboneaholic

So my dad would just put his SIM into her phone, and she could buy the SIM free Max from Apple and use it with her current SIM, correct?

Is there any reason her current phone would need to be paid off, or unlocked, for my dad to use it with his SIM on the same family plan?

4. seezar macrumors regular

It will work fine if you just swap the sims around. Phone doesn't need to be paid off. Done this myself when my daughters wanted to swap their 8 and 8 plus.

5. tromboneaholic thread starter Suspended

tromboneaholic

Thanks for the info!