T-Mobile to begin offering truly unlimited data plans.

Agent-P

macrumors 68030
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
And with the network refarming going on, soon the iPhone will be able to take advantage of the full data speeds on T-Mobile. It's a win-win.

RotaryP7

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2011
Miami, FL
True. TMO will be offering unlimited data plans. It's only $10/month more from the basic unlimited 2GB.

So for unlimited everything; it's $89.99. Now all they need is the iPhone. It won't be released this year. But 2013 is looking very good for them. Good move for TMO. They don't want to lose as many customers as last year so they add unlimited data. :cool:

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
True. TMO will be offering unlimited data plans. It's only $10/month more from the basic unlimited 2GB.

So for unlimited everything; it's $89.99. Now all they need is the iPhone. It won't be released this year. But 2013 is looking very good for them. Good move for TMO. They don't want to lose as many customers as last year so they add unlimited data. :cool:
actually gives me an incentive to buy my phone for the full retail price now. That will be about the same time my ATT contract expires. Although as long as ATT keep the unlimted LTE throttle at 5gb, I am happy. I get a 25% FAN discount, so it's only $78 a month

gta50419

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2010
I think att & verizon will likely will have unlimited too...Only a matter of time before unlimited comes back.

gta50419

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2010
No way.
The only reason Tmobile and Sprint offer unlimited is to gain customers that are unhappy with verizon and AT&T.
AT&T's ceo even said his worst mistake was unlmited data plans.
He is terrible.
Well that's lame....I don't see why unlimited plans is a problem :confused:
I thought unlimited plans would come back when 4g phones got popular.

AHDuke99

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2002
Charleston, SC
Unlimited was a problem because some people used them as their home internet connection which it was not designed for. Without them, there wouldn't be a problem. Unfortunately a few bad eggs ruin the whole batch.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I'd jump on TMO in a heartbeat if they had the infrastructure and the iPhone I wanted.

linkgx1

macrumors 68000
Oct 12, 2011
But how will the speeds work with the iPhone? Especially with LTE. Not sure. I have ATT and had T-Mobile before....but TMO kinda sucks in STL.

Diode

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2004
Washington DC
I wonder how long it would take to switch their 3G bands compatibility to most major markets?
I've heard by the end of the year - sooner in major markets. They are doing LTE and VoLTE next year as well. Should put them in a better position as AT&T/Verizon are dragging their feet about VoLTE.

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA
When this happens (and should they get the iPhone), this would be a huge PLUS for T-Mobile, because not only are they catering to people that choose to go contract with "unlimited/no caps" plans, they are also catering to a market that choose to go unlocked/non-contract that can select from a variety of plans depending on needs and use, something that ATT and Sprint doesn't do. This could bring down some of these contractual 2-yr rate plans - competition is good!

Last edited:

Dwalls90

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2009
same here maybe ill switch to an galaxy nexus on t-mo. i mean its only $350 unlocked
I would suggest waiting a bit longer. I think Google's "flagship" nexus phone comes out about ever year or so, meaning that the Galaxy Nexus' successor should be out soon.

I wonder how long it would take to switch their 3G bands compatibility to most major markets?
From what I understand, the re-farming is going quickly. This is a good question though.

Maybe we'll get lucky and the new iPhone will natively support T-mobile.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I would suggest waiting a bit longer. I think Google's "flagship" nexus phone comes out about ever year or so, meaning that the Galaxy Nexus' successor should be out soon.

From what I understand, the re-farming is going quickly. This is a good question though.

Maybe we'll get lucky and the new iPhone will natively support T-mobile.
I hear you, hope we have more options avaialble soon.
AT&T is starting to piss me off and Verizon is not that far behind.
Sprint is a Turtle and only other viable option for a carrier with decent coverage and that doesnt charge you up the a** is Tmobile.