T-Mobile unlocked (let's put this to rest!)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DanUC6, Sep 25, 2013.

1. DanUC6 macrumors 6502a

Got my Tmobile phone, took out the tmobile sim, put in att sim, powered on phone. Boom! No need to do anything else. Good day!

2. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

Just wait... A troll is going to stroll through your thread, tell you you're wrong and then demand you prove it. They have done it thread after T-Mobile thread.

3. carfac macrumors 65816

carfac

4. redlinux macrumors regular

redlinux

5. Col Ronson macrumors 6502a

Im loving this, especially since all the employees at the apple store insisted this was not the case. Sigh lol.

I honestly think they do know its unlocked, but company policy mandates they cant sell it as an unlocked phone

6. Sbrocket macrumors 65816

Sbrocket

I just did this too, and my phone is currently working on the AT&T network even though I bought a T-Mobile iPhone 5S 64gb from the online Apple Store...but I don't get the "Congratulations, your iPhone is unlocked." message from iTunes that I think you should. Did any of you get that?

7. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

My understanding is that if bought from Apple store, it is unlocked. If bought from a Tmobile store, it is locked

8. Col Ronson macrumors 6502a

That means the phone was already unlocked and iTunes didn't unlock it for you when it contacted the activation server.

9. Manatlt macrumors 6502a

That troll hasn't appeared for 2 days now. Hope he stays away from here for good. :)

Can't wait for my T-Mobile phone to get here!

10. iPhonesandMacs macrumors regular

I personally went to the tmobile store on launch day, and bought 2 iPhone 5S's at $649 price, and they were LOCKED and have to be active on a line for 40 days.

However, I bought two t-mobile iPhone 5S's from the apple store on launch day, and they were UNLOCKED. If you want proof I can show pictures of them all. We have five lines and only 2 were left at apple and 2 left at tmobile, still shopping for the 5th one.

----------

exactly correct.

The apple store employees were very unsure of weather they were unlocked and got mixed answers.

But I can confirm you can activate a tmobile iphone 5s with an ATT sim if bought from the apple store.

11. mightygitis macrumors 6502

mightygitis

^ I thought the "contract free" one on the web site was the unlocked phone?

12. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

It is unlocked.

13. iPhonesandMacs macrumors regular

Yes, only if bought from the apple store online. Or in a apple retail store