T-Mobile with the iPhone 5 or 4s - Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacBookProzak, Sep 19, 2012.

1. MacBookProzak macrumors regular

Let me start off by stating that I am an iPhone neophyte. I have never owned one and just am not fully up on what either the 5 or 4s can or can't do. I have been reading articles on them, yet still don't feel that I have a grasp of it all.

I am a casual smart phone user on the phone I have now which is the G2 Android phone. I love the GPS, use it for email, text and browsing a website here and there.

Since I am on T-Mobile I would need to get an unlocked phone either the 5 or 4s. So my question is: Would I get the performance out of either version on T-Mobile considering what I use the phone for. Would it be better money spent to get the 4s since the price is going down or would I be better served by having the 5 on T-Mobile.

Or..... Would I be better off expense wise just going to Sprint for my cell phone service that get the iPhone 5 on their service. ($79.00 plan)

Also, I was interested in tethering... would I be able to do that for free on either T-Mobile or Sprint?

2. upnorth85 macrumors 6502

I am a current SGS2 user on T-mobile. I have been with T-mobile close to 10 years and have no plans to change my wireless provider. That said now T-mobile is refarming its network to be able to connect AT&T devices on its network, iPhone ownership is now a possibility. airportal.de website has the 3G reports on the US map. T-mobile expects to provide 3G by the end of this year and LTE by middle of next year.

4S costs $100 less (Open/unlocked) If cash is tight 4S. If it is good then iPhone 5 for sure. I am going for the latter.