Carrier T-Mobile- Would I have to pay off iPad if I downgrade 1GB plan to 200MB?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TypeEE, Apr 13, 2014.

1. TypeEE macrumors member

If I have a 1Gb plan with t-mobile and will be paying off an ipad for the next 24 month, would I have to pay off my ipad if I switch to a 200mb plan?

2. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

Yes, you will have to pay it off if you financed through TMobile before you can move to the free 200 mb plan.

3. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

If I paid the entire cost of a cellular T-Mobile iPad (they are advertising it's the same cost as a wifi one), got a post paid data plan and canceled the plan after one month, would they then charge me the additional money I saved ?

4. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Once you pay off the device the commitment to T-Mobile is over.

5. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

Seems like a steal then getting a cellular iPad for the price of a wifi iPad and one month of postpaid plan :D.

6. JackieInCo macrumors 603

Read the entire TOS before you sign up to make sure that there are no hidden requirements. I can't see T-Mobile letting people get off so easy and having to eat the cost of a lower iPad .

7. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

That's why I was asking. I looked through the TOS and was unable to get an answer.

8. hologram macrumors 6502

Why not call T-Mobile?

You'll get the correct answer within minutes and they won't punish you for asking.:rolleyes:

I still can't understand why people ask specific questions about various carrier's policies here, sometimes generating pages of conflicting replies, when all they have to do is call the carrier.

That's one of the mysteries of life that will probably never be answered. :confused::confused::confused:

9. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Hopefully you'll get the correct answer :)

I have gotten different answer from different reps when calling various companies.

That being said, you're right. There is a better chance of a correct answer there than here. :)

10. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

Because the reps are terrible and you get a different answer every time you call. I was hoping someone here could answer from experience.

11. Kangda macrumors member

Yes to this. I have gotten three different answers in one night for the same question after calling T-Mobile. The service reps are inconsistent with their knowledge.

12. hologram macrumors 6502

That may be, but if someone here says you don't have to pay it off, will that be your argument when they tell you that you do? Policies change all the time, and nobody here can speak for your carrier.

If you call a rep and you're not satisfied with their answer, ask to speak with a supervisor. Or rely on an anonymous internet post. Your choice.

Like I said, it's one of the mysteries of life.:eek: