Carrier T-Mobile's jump program is better than AppleCare+ and lets me upgrade to the iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gary500, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Gary500 macrumors regular

Gary500

I was thinking of putting a case on my gold iPhone 5S, but now I found T-Mobile's JUMP program! It covers accidental damage, theft, and a bunch of other things for only $10 a month (AppleCare+ is over $150). And I can upgrade to iPhone 6 for free!! This is amazing!!

2. Steve121178 macrumors 68040

Steve121178

I'm sure there would be some kind of excess payment that you would have to pay if you make a claim.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The small print for the Premium Handset Protection and Mobile Security which is included in the Jump program states that the iPhone is not eligible for replacement
    Link to the PDF http://www.phoneclaim.com/documents/T-Mobile/General-Program-Info.pdf

Maybe things are different with the Jump program but so far as I found, I'm not totally sure the iPhone is covered.

4. Gary500 thread starter macrumors regular

Gary500

It just started a couple months ago, hopefully they'll add it in soon.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I've been doing more digging. it seems that the the Jump program replaces the existing accidental warranty program so it may be covered but you have a 175 dollar deductible (I'm not sure what applecare+'s deductible is).

I've yet to see a detailed write up on Jump on T-Mo's site to confirm this

6. Fdfan100, Sep 16, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2013

Fdfan100 macrumors member

That's an old PDF, the iPhone been covered by insurance since it released on T-Mobile back in April. I know for a fact, because I did a claim 2 months ago when I lost my phone. I also have prepaid. That's what I like about T-Mobile now, prepaid and postpaid pretty much get all the same benefits, with the exception of the JUMP program only available to postpaid.

7. mdcosta911 macrumors member

mdcosta911

I was thinking of doing this, but then figured I could easily sell the phone for more on my own than what they would probably give me trade-in when I go to use the program..

8. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

I've had to cash in on their phone insurance for my klutziness before, I may as well get a newer phone out of the deal. :p I like the idea of the Jump! program a lot. I'd rather just send in my old phone than pay off the balance and deal with selling it.

9. alexglee macrumors regular

alexglee

iPhone 5S/5C Applecare info

Initial upfront cost is $99 (this includes enrollment in to the program and the ability to utilize up to 2 accidental replacement incidents).

Each incident costs $79 and ONLY includes accessories which come with it.

It used to be $99 upfront and $49 per instance and include your accessories.
    Covered area now expands to include Europe in the updated program.

10. fs454 macrumors 65816

Wait, are you talking about T-Mobile or Applecare+?

:edit: Ugh, just checked. They did raise the price on replacement instances. Sucks.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/S4575LL/A/applecare-for-iphone

11. 617aircav Suspended

Nothing is free. You would have already paid for the iphone 6 before you upgrade.

12. alexglee macrumors regular

alexglee

I have decided to forgo Applecare for my 5S. I'll buy it outright, so I guess I won't be able to get JUMP action.

13. fs454 macrumors 65816

At the same time, I just replaced my slightly cracked 4S for the second and final time and now I have a flawless, brand new (well, refurb) 64GB white 4S to sell. I'd say that two years without a case is worth the premium over buying a case and having an ugly phone still.

14. Gary500 thread starter macrumors regular

Gary500

How much did you pay for them to give you the replacement?

15. Fdfan100 macrumors member

$175