Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trevpimp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 16, 2009
Inside A Mac Box
Sometimes throughout the day, I get reminded of my luxurious iPhone 5s and I love the fact of how powerful my iPhone really is, coming from the old number pad phones needing 3 clicks for a letter while playing a simple game called snake. Now we got great apps and great retina displays on the palm of our hands. Just here to remind you guys. Enjoy :)

Ps sorry for the carrier prefix. If any mods could please make an edit. Thanks

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Coming from a time (not that long ago at all) when phones were just the ones connected to wires and couldn't be taken anywhere (at least for the majority of the populace), it's even more of a leap. That's not even counting Internet and all of that.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Thanks for the reminder, but I use my Macs for specific purposes and my iPhone for a specific purpose. While some of those purposes may cross over from time to time I do not spend most of my internet browsing time on my iPhone. Why do that when I have two Macs with 17" screens (PowerBook G4 17" and a 17" MBP). As big as the 6+ is, it does not posess a 17" screen.

And as great as my iPhone 6+ is it still only has one screen, My MacPro at work has three, the smallest being 22". My PowerMac G4 Quicksilver has six displays, the smallest being 17".

And my Macs have physical keyboards which makes typing things easy, unlike trying to stab a finger on a virtual keyboard. But my Macs can't make a phone call or text. My iPhone can, so I use it for that.

I'm glad you're happy with the way you use your phone, but no way in heck has my phone replaced any of my Macs- and vice versa.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Thanks for the reminder, but I use my Macs for specific purposes and my iPhone for a specific purpose. While some of those purposes may cross over from time to time I do not spend most of my internet browsing time on my iPhone. Why do that when I have two Macs with 17" screens (PowerBook G4 17" and a 17" MBP). As big as the 6+ is, it does not posess a 17" screen.

And as great as my iPhone 6+ is it still only has one screen, My MacPro at work has three, the smallest being 22". My PowerMac G4 Quicksilver has six displays, the smallest being 17".

And my Macs have physical keyboards which makes typing things easy, unlike trying to stab a finger on a virtual keyboard. But my Macs can't make a phone call or text. My iPhone can, so I use it for that.

I'm glad you're happy with the way you use your phone, but no way in heck has my phone replaced any of my Macs.
I have a lot of computing power and two monitors and I use my iPhone more for browsing. Why? I can take it anywhere. Sure the desktop is better, faster etc but I'm tied to the desk.

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
great retina displays on the palm of our hands
I have a great Retina display in front of me. 27 inches large. A phone? No thanks :)

I'm glad you're happy with the way you use your phone, but no way in heck has my phone replaced any of my Macs- and vice versa.
I hate to say it, but a 6+ actually has more power than a Quicksilver, 17" PowerBook G4, or first-gen 17" MacBook Pro.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I have a lot of computing power and two monitors and I use my iPhone more for browsing. Why? I can take it anywhere. Sure the desktop is better, faster etc but I'm tied to the desk.
I'm usually on the couch. With the MBP in my lap. My Quicksilver is usually over to the right. And my PB is in my bag on my left. I have my phone near, but only for calls or text messages.

I'm just far more comfortable using a computer to browse the net. It's easier to download and use stuff too.

P.S. My PowerBook goes to work with me every day and sits there on my desk with my MP, two PowerMac G4s, two PCs, a PC server, my Android tablet and my phone. So, while's it's great and I love it I've got multiple PCs and Macs to use instead of my phone.

I guess it just comes down to your environment and your workflow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.