iPhone Takes an age before speakerphone can be switched on for a call

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by sunking101, Mar 21, 2014.

1. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Since 7.1, whenever I receive a phonecall it takes an age before the speakerphone button lights up. The caller is usually saying "hello, hello, hello??" before my speakerphone comes alive. Is anyone else experiencing this?

2. Altis macrumors 68020

I've noticed it's a lot more choppy than it used to be.

It can be awkward when you use the speaker phone while on hold, and it takes a while for it to go back to the normal speaker, while they're saying "hello". Never used to have a problem. Figure I'll just try to make it work.

3. fins831 macrumors 6502a

Previously when I hit speakerphone (before 7.1) the mic wouldn't activate for 2-3 secs anyway so they were saying hello and hello and I was talking and no one heard me.

Now I can't activate it until it's ready, so it's saving me some time and wasted energy and breath at least lol

4. sunking101 thread starter macrumors 603

sunking101

True, there has always been an irritating delay but it has definitely become longer since 7.1

5. ry23 macrumors member

Not trying to be a Grammar Nazi/English Freak but...

Can you please tell me what you mean by it takes an age? Cuz if you're trying to play off "it takes ages (for whatever to happen)" it doesn't work. :rolleyes:

6. Retired Cat macrumors 65816

I just noticed this today as well. I've been on 7.1 for a few weeks but I rarely take calls so I didn't notice until someone called me this morning.