Taking hours to simply import photos from iphone to iphoto

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tennismanclay, Dec 20, 2010.

1. tennismanclay macrumors regular

May 11, 2007
    It imports about 1 photo ever few minutes, and I have 349. Something has to be wrong. Phone is directly plugged into computer, the thing pops up in iphoto to import, i hit import and it literally takes up to 5 minutes per picture. WTH

Also, old videos i was looking through in iphoto that i took with my phone are skippy, as in missing a half of second a footage ever few seconds, yet the videos are fine in my phone. Can i use anything else besides iphoto to import my iphone pictures?
  2. alongston macrumors newbie

Dec 20, 2010
    That seems odd. I have over 800 images on my phone and when I upload them to iPhoto it certainly doesn't take that long. Have you tried resetting your phone? I reset mine once and was able to keep the images on it.
  3. Soura2112 macrumors 6502

Jun 26, 2008
    Problems too

I have been having the new iPhoto freezing up when I try and sync my pics. I will be doing a reset, just odd, seems like one photo messes everything up, maybe.
    Wish I knew if it was the phone or iPhoto, just strange, never occured in my 3 years now.