Taking my 6plus to the genius bar tomorrow...

jojods

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
The battery is just not living up to what everyone else is saying 4:30pm here been in class since 10 and I have 28%

such a disappointment :(

has anyone else had issues?

BigBeast

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2009
The battery is just not living up to what everyone else is saying 4:30pm here been in class since 10 and I have 28%

such a disappointment :(

has anyone else had issues?
Have you gone into the settings and seen what's consuming your battery?

Go to: Settings >> Usage >> Battery Usage

Find out what's using all that battery power.

jojods

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
completely normal! how are you gonna sit there and complain about battery life?? You're on track to get 10 hours..stop crying..I only get to 7 hours period on my 6..do you see me at a genius bar crying? no..
My friend has a 6 plus and plays games all the time, he destroys my battery life. If you want to cry about purchasing the 6 do it elsewhere

----------

Especially on the WIFI, its gonna burn really fast.
does wifi calling drain battery more than cell?

----------

According to your usage stats, you've been on your phone quite a bit. Maybe you don't notice how much you use it.
It's impossible that these are correct... I took it off the charger at 8am and it says its been on for 16hours.. that's impossible

lke

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2009
Why the home and lock screen uses that much % what does that means?

jojods

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
It's impossible that these are correct... I took it off the charger at 8am and it says its been on for 16hours.. that's impossible

bluer101

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2010
My friend has a 6 plus and plays games all the time, he destroys my battery life. If you want to cry about purchasing the 6 do it elsewhere

----------

does wifi calling drain battery more than cell?

----------

It has not been on for 16 hours. Your standby is how long its been off charge. The usage is actual usage. So you have roughly 2 1/2 hours you did not use it.

jojods

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
Is it possible your turning the screen on in your pocket?
that couldn't happen but i'm seeing people get 14h usage, surely its not normal that mine is only getting 9ish when I haven't used any games or anything

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Dec 28, 2009
OP: T-Mobile does not play nice with the iPhone. I have noticed worse battery life with my TMO sim in my 5S, versus my AT&T sim. Its the frequencies. T-mobile's frequencies don't go as far. Usually an iPhone on T-Mobile will sit on 1-3 bars. This can have a detrimental effect on battery life.

Surf Monkey

macrumors 68030
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
that couldn't happen but i'm seeing people get 14h usage, surely its not normal that mine is only getting 9ish when I haven't used any games or anything
Yes, it's possible.

Example: using the Music app with the screen off counts. So, if you play a podcast for two hours through your headphones with the screen off you'll see two hours of "screen use time" on your battery stats, even though your screen was off the whole time. No lie. Try it. That's how people get 14-15 hour figures out of their batteries.

Stetrain

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2009
It mostly depends on whether the screen is on. Playing / streaming music while the screen is off still counts as 'usage' which is why some people are showing much higher battery life.

Apple's numbers say 12 hours of WiFi or LTE browsing, but that's still dependent on screen brightness.

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
Why the home and lock screen uses that much % what does that means?
That means the OP is constantly touching their iphone "just to look" at the screen for messages or the clock or other stuff on the notification bar

16%. That's a lot.

jojods

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
Yes, it's possible.

Example: using the Music app with the screen off counts. So, if you play a podcast for two hours through your headphones with the screen off you'll see two hours of "screen use time" on your battery stats, even though your screen was off the whole time. No lie. Try it. That's how people get 14-15 hour figures out of their batteries.
That scares me even more, I used Spotify with screen off to and from school thats like 80 minutes of usage

jojods

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
Spotify is different. It's pulling a stream so it's using more battery than a local music file or a pre-loaded podcast.
so would you cancel the genius appointment or go in to get either peace of mind or a replacement?

Surf Monkey

macrumors 68030
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
so would you cancel the genius appointment or go in to get either peace of mind or a replacement?
I'd do whatever gives me peace of mind. I'm not you so I can't tell you what to do. But honestly? Looking at your battery stats? They look normal to me.

Shadowbech

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2011
Apple iPhone World
Yes, it's possible.

Yep. 2-3 hours are listening to music on my 6 Plus and others are games and what not.

Attachments

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.