Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Clipse79

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
I made the mistake of going to 3.13 ages ago and have been reading all the fun of the latest jailbreaking.

First off, I need to use the phone to make calls using a pre paid sim in Europe. Are there pre paid data sims? I would love to use data if possible. If not then maybe i`ll just skip this all and use wifi and skype.

but.....

What is needed to be done if I do go the pre paid sim method?

Do I need to get this thing jailbroken again? Or are there other ways?

Thank you for your input in advance...

bytethese

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2007
I made the mistake of going to 3.13 ages ago and have been reading all the fun of the latest jailbreaking.

First off, I need to use the phone to make calls using a pre paid sim in Europe. Are there pre paid data sims? I would love to use data if possible. If not then maybe i`ll just skip this all and use wifi and skype.

but.....

What is needed to be done if I do go the pre paid sim method?

Do I need to get this thing jailbroken again? Or are there other ways?

Thank you for your input in advance...
You would need to unlock your phone after jailbreaking, but if you upgraded to 3.1.3 via iTunes, then your baseband should have been updated to a version not currently unlockable. In other words, you won't be able to use anything but an AT&T SIM card unfortunately.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
You wont be able to unlock it since its been updated to official 3.1.3
All you can do is wait for a new unlock to be released in the future.
Till then use it as an ipod touch in Europe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.