Taking photos on iPhone then transferring to iPad for editing?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by LincolnsiPod, Aug 22, 2011.

1. LincolnsiPod macrumors 6502

I'm finding that I've really developed a fondness for some of the photo editing apps you can use on the iPhone/iPad. The touch screen just seems to be a better medium for me to express my creativity than the mouse and keyboard. The issue though is that I would rather use the iPhone to take the actual picture itself, then edit it on the iPad.

Is there a way to sync the photo library between the two easily? Maybe a cloud solution or Dropbox? I'm wondering if anyone else had to come up with a similar solution to address this as well. I could sync both to iTunes on my MacBook, but I'd like the mobility of doing this on the fly.

2. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4 (32GB, JB): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5302b Safari/7534.48.3)

I use the Camera Connection kit (or whatever it's officially called) to physically connect my iPhone to my iPad when I want to transfer pics.

Once iOS 5 is released, it will get even easier with Photo Stream. The last 1000 pictures taken on either device will automatically sync to either device. I've been testing it with Beta 6 and it works great!

3. LincolnsiPod thread starter macrumors 6502

I can't wait to get my hands on iOS5 once it's released (too chicken to try the beta) :D

Is Photo Stream an iOS app or just a feature you turn on in settings?

4. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Until iOS 5 comes out, you can always use Dropbox, or just email yourself the photos.

5. macrat macrumors regular

Thank you, I didn't know that. I have completely forgotten about the USB hook-up that was part of the Camera Connection Kit.

It works. This will also be great when (or if) we get the better camera on the future iPhone 5!

6. idkmybffjon macrumors member

photo stream is a feature you turn on in the settings app, and it works perfectly. photos are instantly synced between all of your devices the second you get home and are on wifi (no 3g data wasted here). I've never given it a second thought, i just know that my pictures will be on which ever device i decide to pick up (iPad, iPhone, macbook pro)

7. LincolnsiPod thread starter macrumors 6502

Man that's nice, it solves the problem of keeping things synced between the iPhone, iPad and iPhone. Now I just need a solution for my Canon camera. :D I already have an Eye-Fi card though so I just need to download the app and figure out how to set that up. Should be able to preclude the need to use a Camera Connection kit.

8. cshearer macrumors regular

Point and shoot solution = iPhone 4 :)

Canon DSLR = well worth the extra effort.