taking too long to update apps for iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gabo864, Sep 22, 2012.

1. gabo864 macrumors 6502a

gabo864

Hey guys

I dont know if its just me or what, but it feels like developers are taking too long to update their apps to the iphone 5! I would expect this from apps that are not too popular, but instagram? Skype? whatsapp? WHy are they taking so long to update their apps? I thought they would be ready by now! just like twitter and Facebook. Is there a reason why they havent updated their apps? am I missing something?

2. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

3. EnderTW macrumors 6502

It's the weekend.

4. Sirobin macrumors 6502

Sirobin

5. gabo864 thread starter macrumors 6502a

gabo864

its been a week since it was announced!! twitter facebook and other apps have updated theirs! I just think its been to slow .. I mean instagram is pretty much as famous as facebook now!

6. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

7. Stetrain macrumors 68040

Remember that an update does not come through the moment a developer submits it. They still have to go through Apple's review process before they go out to users.

Some of those apps you listed could have had updates submitted on Thursday or Friday but won't show up for us until well into next week.

8. SAMtheGAM macrumors regular

SAMtheGAM

I got an update to Twitter an hour ago. Even some updated apps I downloaded the last several days are iOS 6 compatible but no full screen on iPhone 5.

9. Stangs55 macrumors 6502a

Stangs55

As a developer...I'd like to choke you. ;)

Give it some time...it's not just a switch to flip.

10. just1ed macrumors member

I also feel it takes too long. My journal app by a one man show developer Dayone was updated the day the iPhone 5 was launched.

11. Beezzy macrumors 6502

lol developers aren't just going to make the app Longer. If they have extra real estate they're gonna add functionality to the app, test for bugs, and see it's performance on the iPhone 5. By the end of Next month every single app with be iPhone 5 ready.