Taktik Extreme for 5S will need to be reengineered?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by renault4, Aug 19, 2013.

1. renault4 macrumors regular

I am planning on upgrading from a 4S to the 5S once it arrives and I was also planning on protecting it with a Taktik Extreme case. Up till now, it looked as though the Taktik Extreme case for the iPhone 5 would work on the 5S (though clearly I'd wait to hear that from the manufacturers), as the overall form factor was not changing, however now, if the rumors of a biometric scanner are correct, the above theory is scuppered as I believe the home button is covered and that the cover is integral to the case design. Can anyone currently using a Taktik Extreme with a 5 confirm the latter is the case (so to speak)?

2. Mrbobb macrumors 601

but...but... if the next iPhone doesn't have a big screen, there will be a mass exodus! :eek: LOL.

I don't understand "button covered."

Anywhoo, jumping to conclusion: wait 3 weeks wont kill u.

3. AFDoc macrumors 68030

What is scuppered? Don't know if it's a typo or a word for FUBAR that I've not seen before.

I have no clue how their fingerprint reader will work but it seems if it's under the home button meaning under glass, I can't see another layer of glass being an issue.

4. renault4 thread starter macrumors regular

Scuppered is an old nautical term, comes from the deliberate opening of a particular valve in the bottom of a naval vessel designed to ensure that the boat sinks, thus prevent it from falling into enemy hands.

I was looking to users of existing Taktik Extreme case owners; it seems as though for the 5 at least, the home button is covered by a membrane that is integral with the case (whatever about the gorilla glass extending down that far); if that is indeed the case, then this would prevent the rumored fingerprint reader from working, and Lunatik will need to re-work the case design.

5. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Seen scuttle used before so that was a new one for me.

I don't think it would have to be "open" because that would rule out pretty much every high protection case on the market.

6. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

Scuppered mean a deliberate sinking of a ship.

Scupper is an outlet or valve to allow water to run off deck.