Tampons and Maxi Pads Banned From Texas Senate (But Guns Are Cool)

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, Jul 12, 2013.

1. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

hard to even know where to go with this one. Texas take your toys (GOP AND PERRY) and go home you are not mature enough to be a state.

http://jezebel.com/tampons-and-maxi-pads-banned-from-texas-senate-but-gun-758340744

The Texas Senate is apparently afraid that erratic, hormonal demon-women will wave their bloody tampons about during today's floor meeting to take a final vote on anti-abortion bills HB2 and SB1, which would make it next to impossible for most Texas women to get safe abortions. Concealed handgun carriers, on the other hand, get VIP entry.

According to the Burnt Orange Report:

Women are being forced to throw out tampons and maxi pads to enter the Senate gallery, which has been confirmed by DPS. That's right: menstruating women are being denied entry to the Senate gallery unless they throw out their supplies.

Additionally, diabetics are asked to throw out their sugar packets.

However, people with concealed handgun licenses are allowed to bypass long lines to enter the Gallery through the expedited CHL entrance, and per DPS, if a person has a CHL, they can take their gun into the gallery.

Seems reasonable! Let's all hold a mass bleed-in.

2. MegamanX macrumors regular

Lets face it just more proof how little the GOP really cares about the health of women. I can promise you that this is on the order of the Lt Gov Dewhurst.

3. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Just wondering, who has the horrific job of checking women for tampons and pads?

4. steve knight, Jul 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2013

steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

good job for rick perry I think.:D

5. lostngone macrumors demi-god

lostngone

Tampons and Maxi Pads are not protected under the Second Amendment...

It starts out with just one or two but this is a slippery slope. Next they will want to bring in full auto dispensers and high capacity tampons and maxi pads!

6. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

The good ole boys are not that bright...

7. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

What is the proper response when something that seems like a story from the back sections of The Onion somehow becomes true?

8. JohnLT13 macrumors 6502a

JohnLT13

Why is it always texas and florida?:confused: People call me Liberal like its a disease. Some times I just don't understand.

9. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

I really hope this turns out to be a hoax / joke. Because if it's not - screw it - I'm just going to pretend it is - I've punished my brain enough for 2 lifetimes already...

10. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    This reminds me of a commercial I saw during election season. I can't remember exactly who it was, but one of the lines I overheard went something like "...senator blah has enacted laws which have been considered 'progressive' by critics...vote for bleh, Tennessee's conservative senator".

...and I thought to myself "progressive? Since when did the whole idea of moving forward become such a scary thought that they're now spitting the word out like it's a damning condemnation"? Isn't progress something that's generally considered...you know...good? And what's the opposite of it? Being stalled? Moving backwards? Why would you want to base your entire political platform around those rather negative concepts?

11. elistan macrumors 6502a

From the horse's mouth: (Official DPS website)
    http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/director_staff/media_and_communications/pr071213a.htm

12. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

So the lege is concerned about crap raining down upon them from the gallery. Obviously, the protesters will then take to showering the law makers as they enter or leave the building, the dps cordon will expand, before long a person will not be able to set foot inside Austin without an invite. Of course, the bats will be allowed to stay, guano need plenty of legislators.

Stories like these really make me miss Miss Molly and her exquisite talent for shooting barreled fish.

13. xShane macrumors 6502a

xShane

Wouldn't be surprised if this new rule was led by a conservative/Republican...

14. JohnLT13 macrumors 6502a

JohnLT13

Exactly!!!! I always thought moving forward was the ultimate goal.:eek:

15. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

When you are short-sighted, as most conservatives are, it is hard to see forward, all you can see is a worrisome, threatening blur. The progressives want to drag us all into that scary place, when right here is comfortable, familiar and comprehensible. That is why moving forward is undesirable. Would you not rather stick with what you know?

16. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

17. AhmedFaisal, Jul 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2013
  18. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

That doesn't explain the unused pads and tampons. Unless Texas legislators are afraid they'll get cooties from a feminine hygiene product. :rolleyes:

19. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

Just so I am clear, you think Texas republicans should be subjected to feces and violence...let me guess...because you have a different political view?

That's not psychotic at all...

20. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Agreed - that sort of behaviour is disgusting.

21. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

No one deserves that, but I liken this reaction to removing toilet paper from the bathroom. Even if the events happened as suggested, that's a poor measure.

22. lannister80 macrumors 6502

lannister80

Voting. It's the only remedy we have.

----------

**** the South/OK/TX. Seriously.

23. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

I agree it's a poor measure, but considering they were finding bottles of feces and urine, it's clear some fanatics were going to attack people with bodily fluids, which is heinous on all kinds of levels.

It's just pathetic that some people are so off the scale nutty that such measures must be taken to stop them from acting like poo flinging chimps, or using bloody tampon grenades.

24. MegamanX macrumors regular

Nothing is wrong with urine and poop. But they feminine products and sugar packets is over board. Let's be simple the gop wants make it as hard as possible. I can promise this was on the order of the gop. There is no excuse for what they did.
    It is pretty clear they know this bull was crap and not well supported expect by their base. This is just more proof that we need massive election reform as our candidates should never be decided in the primaries. This is why we have the bat **** crazy crew running the gop. They are only scared of their primaries not the general.

25. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

Megaman - FYI, I read that along with the jars of human waste.... yeah, there were used feminine products - with that in the mix - I'd wager to guess they just wanted to play things safe...