Tansefer updgrade at apple store??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Traderalways, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Traderalways, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2012

Traderalways macrumors member

Can I use an upgrade on one of my lines to another line at the apple store??? Or do I have to do this directly with Verizon???

Sorry for the typo with TRANSFER*

2. n4uaj macrumors member

I was told you gotta buy it with the upgrade line then call VZ to make the line swap. Thats what I had to do when I got my first iPhone 4 VZ when they came out. The Phone shipped as the upgrade number but I called VZ and it was painless to have them take it from my wife's Knack to replacing my sorry BlackBerry

3. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

you would have to do it with verizon. Apple does not control your upgrades.

4. Traderalways thread starter macrumors member

Thanks... So I guess reserving at night with apple won't do me any good,

5. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

you could reserve it at night on the one line and then when you get the phone call verizon to change the information. I think most people who pre-ordered did it this way. Once they got the phone, they called verizon before activating it.

6. Traderalways thread starter macrumors member

But would apple charge me discounted price??? Because I don't want to activate phone on the upgraded line...I want to do this in person at the store

7. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

you would want to reserve the phone on the line that can be upgraded (for the discounted price), but when you get the phone at apple call verizon and explain how you want the phone to be activated on the other line. So you can pay the cheaper price but use the phone on the other line.

8. n4uaj macrumors member

Yep thats really all there is to it. When the first VZ iPhones came out my daughter's line which was the primary line on the account, was up for upgrade and my wife's flip phone was too. FedEx Delivered both phones on launch day and I hooked hers up to iTunes to be activated then called VZ and gave her the wife's phone number and the SN and I think an MEID # off that unit hand had it moved from her number to mine that was a year away from upgrade. Since then I used what would have been my actual upgrade to trade in the original 4 and move to the 4S. Now the flip phone is back up for upgrade so my son is gonna use it to move from a 4 to a 5 if they ever get any stock in. It sounds complicated but they really can handle for ya on the phone or if you feel more comfortable take it to the VZ store and let them handle it.