Tap to zoom camera and take picture of screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BGTHEMOGUL, Oct 21, 2011.

1. BGTHEMOGUL macrumors 6502

Got an email from Verizon this morning with little iPhone 4s tips and tricks. Two of them did not work for me no matter what I tried. It says to tap the screen while in camera mode to bring up the zoom slide bar and then you can zoom up to 5x. When I tap the screen it just tries to "focus" on the area I tapped and no zoom slide bar comes up. Also it says to take a picture of your screen to hold the home button and then press the sleep/wake button of the phone. This doesn't work either. When I hold the home button Siri comes up and when I press the sleep/wake button it just locks my device.

What am I doing wrong? Here is the link to what they sent me this morning.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/tips/?email=Responsys&CMP=EMC-C-C-T_90D_Tips_iP4S

2. Jaden10 macrumors member

Jaden10

Don't hold them. Press them both at the exact same time.

3. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

You're not supposed to hold down the home button...just quickly press both the home button & sleep/wake button at the same time. It shouldn't take more than a second to do.

4. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

You press the home and sleep/wake button at the same time time to take a screenshot, I do this frequently.

Try pinch to zoom if you cant get the zoom slider to appear.

5. BGTHEMOGUL thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok that worked for taking a picture of my screen. Thank you guys. One down one to go. Any ideas on how to get the zoom slider bar for the camera?

6. Pipper99 macrumors 68000

Pipper99

Regarding the camera zoom, I think that iOS5 changed the functionality: it seems that you have to do the two finger spread to bring up the zoom slider.

7. BGTHEMOGUL thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok yeah it works when I do two finger spread or pinch method. I was hoping the tap worked this way you could use one hand if wanting to take a quick picture. Wonder why Verizon would send that out in their notice this morning if it's been changed especially since that articles is about the 4s. Must be an error on their end then.

8. xav8tor, Oct 21, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2011

xav8tor macrumors 6502a

For camera zoom, crazy as it is, the tips are apparently wrong! Use the same pinch motion you would to zoom in/out of a photo. That will bring up the digital zoom slider. Zoom as desired and click away.

9. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

I hate that you have to use 2 fingers to zoom in on the camera now

10. Juggie305 macrumors member

for zoom u might want to use gorilacam or accu camera both free apps ;)

11. iPhonedHome macrumors 6502

I completely agree with this. Means you can't just use one hand like in the past. Dumb imho.

12. BGTHEMOGUL thread starter macrumors 6502

Agreed it's really stupid. They could have kept it where you tap the screen once for zoom slide bar and tap twice to focus on an area.