Target come through this year?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 12vElectronics, Sep 20, 2013.

1. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

As many people know, Target hasn't been the most reliable place to buy an iPhone on launch in the past, even though they 'guarantee' and have a 'reservation list'. How many people were lucky this year and Target actually provided you with the 5S?

2. Inksworth macrumors regular

Inksworth

Not us. We reserved a gold & silver -- the only thing they got was literally a single space gray for the 7 reservations they got. We finally ended up getting two space grays from AT&T out of tired desperation (I've been up since 1:45 trying to secure one of these things).

3. blackjackmark macrumors 6502

Nothing here...my Target received zero devices. Luckily the AT&T Corporate store in the parking lot still had them, wanted 32GB but by the time they got to me they were down to only the 64GB so I got it! :D

4. 12vElectronics thread starter macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Knew it. Same story every year. Don't they know it's stuff like this that turns away customers from their stores!:mad:

5. bigjim83 macrumors 6502

6. creativedogmedia macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

Mine called to tell me they only got 16gb black 5s'...what's the point of a reservation for a 32gb in black and white if you can't deliver. Was at Apple store first thing so knocked out one of the devices and ordered white one via telesales.

7. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Target here got only VZ, no other carriers at all. And this afternoon, probably 3:00 they had only sold 3 and had several left.

8. Shutterbug78 macrumors newbie

The guy at target was a real douchecanoe this morning. He kept saying they were taking pre-orders before today. I tried to explain the difference between a pre-order and a reservation and he acted like I was a moron.

Best Buy of all places came through for me today. I take back my badmouthing of Best Buy.

9. 12vElectronics thread starter macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

10. Ryan Burgess macrumors 6502

I reserved the iPhone 5s grey 16gb Verizon at 2 target stores...didn't hear from either of them. Good thing I ordered from best buy and got my 5s today anyways!

11. resom macrumors member

I went to buy one and was told they wouldn't sell me one until they went through all the reservations so I went to apple.

12. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

My local Target wouldn't let me pay full price for a Verizon 5S. I'm not due for an upgrade so I knew I'd be paying full retail. However, they would only allow people who are upgrading or starting new service to buy them. In other words, they wouldn't sell it to me for $649 but would for $200...

13. DollaTwentyFive macrumors 6502a

Sounds counterintuitive, right? The truth is they make next to nothing by selling the phone at full retail because Verizon is not paying them any commission because they aren't roping you into a contract. You would be surprised how many dealers will not sell phones at full retail.

14. tdar macrumors 6502a

In other words, they are selling iPhones for the carrier commissions.

15. leftywamumonkey macrumors 6502a

leftywamumonkey

I reserved a 16GB Gold AT&T at Target and was the first in line for one, but when I didn't receive an email before midnight, I made a quick decision to just order one from Apple at midnight. I finished my order at 12:02 it should between Sep 27 and Oct 1. I had a feeling they weren't going to come through since none of their employees weren't familiar with what was going on. I had to bring in an article to show them what Target was doing.

16. epi117 macrumors 6502

Agree ,i have to admit was the best move was pre-order at 12:01 , picked it up at 10:00 am. Plus 50 buck gift card, plus zagg for free after buying case that was discounted for my wife.

17. jmh0523 macrumors member

Went in at 8am. Nothing called at 5 nothing. Told phones may be in Saturday or Monday... I screwed myself. Should have went somewhere else.

18. 12vElectronics thread starter macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

This. It's the contract they're making money on, not the phone..

Exactly what happened to me. It's unbelievable they do this year after year. :mad:

19. iceman17 macrumors newbie

I was #5 on the list, no email. I called them at 10am on Friday and they said that UPS "forgot" them and they were getting more around noon. No call, no email, but at least the apple store still had some so I got my 16gb space gray. I will never count on target again.

20. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

no surprising, same thing happens every year.

There is one guy who claimed to pre-order and got an email.

21. 12vElectronics thread starter macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Lol forgot them. Yeah the UPS guy forgot a box of iPhones on release day :rolleyes:

22. theyaxis macrumors newbie

I haven't received anything about the Space Gray & Gold 16g 5s phones I reserved yet, but I just got the e-mail for the White 5c and will be picking it up tomorrow.

23. jmh0523 macrumors member

Still nothing. I think they're tired of me asking because they put me on hold endlessly and never picked back up today.

I decided to order one through apple, however, but I like bugging Target because these guys kept assuring me they'd get them in Monday and of course that's not the case. They didn't get any and still don't have any.

Never expect Target to come through, lol.

24. 12vElectronics thread starter macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Haha that's funny.

25. KdParker macrumors 601

KdParker

Quite the opposite for me. Got an email for my preorders/reservation and was able to pick up phone at 8am on launch day.

Target came through for me.