Target posted to Facebook

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nhamp07, Sep 18, 2013.

1. nhamp07 macrumors regular

On their page that iPhone 5s will be available in store Friday.

If target is getting stock for every store, I think there will be plenty of stock at apple and the carriers.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Advertising does not equate to sufficient stock levels.

Just because a merchant is advertising a product mean they'll have enough to fulfill the expected demand.

3. nhamp07 thread starter macrumors regular

I didnt say sufficient, I just meant stock. If target is getting launch day stock, I think the stock at apple will be a bunch.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I don't think anyone is arguing that stores will have the iPhone 5s. The question is, will it be 100, 1,000, 10,000 etc. Your post implies that there may be plenty of stock which appears not to be the case.

5. aztooh macrumors 6502a

I read it as him saying plenty of stock at Apple stores...not Target stores. As in, why would Target be getting new iPhones, if there's already limited stock at Apple (and carrier) stores.

And it appears that will not be the case to you how? You have access to the numbers? Everything is speculation or guess work at this point.

6. RabbitLuvr macrumors 6502

RabbitLuvr

I just hope my Target gets in the one I reserved with them.

7. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68020

Talked to my local radio shack guy, he said they got about 100 iphone 4, 100 iPhone 4s, and 3 iphone 5. They said they are will get stock of 5S's on launch day, but they have no idea how many until they get them Thursday afternoon.

Who knows.

8. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

I don't think their post implied plenty of stock, just what it said.

Thanks for the info OP

9. megapopular macrumors 6502a

Just curious, what's your idea of plenty?

And if I were target, I'd love to get people into my stores even if there aren't hardly any iPhones. Traffic leads to buying or even impulse buying. I wish the best for everyone getting a new iPhone but use good judgement, everybody!!