Target Preorders Still Haven't Arrived :(

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bokbchoy, Sep 25, 2012.

1. bokbchoy macrumors newbie

I preordered from Target on the 14th and it didn't come on launch day. I was a little mad but on Saturday and Sunday, the iPhones still didn't come. I called on Sunday to see if something was wrong since the other stores in the area have gotten a couple. They told me it was definitely going to come on Monday. I was ecstatic and I waited anxiously for their call to tell me when to come and pick it up. It didn't come and I was really reallly mad :mad: I called them and complained on how other stores have gotten them and this specific store didnt get any. They said the phones could come any day; however out of anger I decided to try the Apple Stores. I read on 9to5Mac about the instore pickups and how you could get them the next day and I was super psyched because I thought I could get my hands on the phone the next day. I waited until 10PM and attempted to order. Turns out, pretty much all of the Apple Stores in my 75-100 mile vicinity was sold out or "unavailable for pickup". Now I'm really frustrated and I regret not waiting Friday morning in the cold. Anybody else preorder from Target and or have advice for my situation? Thanks :p

2. dw3bb10 macrumors 6502

That sucks man, I would be LIVID! Hope you get it soon!

3. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

I pre-ordered from Target last year and it was the most trouble-free experience.
    I placed my pre-order the day that pre-orders opened and even after work there was no line at all.
    And I picked up the phone on release day, again without waiting in any line.
    I'd planned to go there again this year but for some reason they weren't offering the 64GB so I went with Apple.com instead.

4. doc shivers macrumors member

5. bokbchoy thread starter macrumors newbie

well its not really target's fault, its just the lack of apple's preparation for mass launch and also apple being selfish for its own stores not other retailers

6. bokbchoy thread starter macrumors newbie

just got a call from my target and they said they got a shipment confirmation and the iPhones will be arriving on Friday. Kinda happy but not really happy at the same time because of the lateness :(

7. iAi macrumors 6502

You do not have access to the full stories so stop the blame game or quit making accusations if you do not have all the facts.

Am happy for you that your phone is coming this Friday. That's good news. Some people will be waiting longer than you.

8. drir1990 macrumors member

Target Mobile is actually operated by Radio Shack so in this case the fault is with Radio Shack not Target.

9. supertramp2k macrumors newbie

Not sure if you know this, but the Target Mobiles are staffed and operated by radio shack. So there is a degree to which target does not have direct control over inventory.

That said, I'm in the same boat. Pre ordered two, a 16 and 32 gb both white. Neither has shown up yet. Getting pissed.