Tax Free Holiday & Online Apple Store

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Astrophys, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Astrophys macrumors newbie

Aug 5, 2009
    I am interesting in buying a new macbook pro from the Apple store so that I can purchase the one on one sessions, and I saw that since last June the only way you can get the one on one is by buying your computer at the Apple store while you purchase the one on one. So that has pretty much made the Apple store my only choice.

My question is about the holiday tax free holiday and purchasing at the online Apple store. The tax free holiday in Missouri starts this friday and lasts for a few days. My parents live in Missouri and I could have the computer shipped there but I go to school in Kansas and my billing address is in Kansas.

Does the tax free holiday work at the online Apple store?
    If so, do they base it on your billing or shipping address?
    Can you still use the education discount and receive no tax? I saw something about educational institutions being excluded but nothing specifically about the education discount for students.
  2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

Dec 29, 2006
    dallas, texas
    Here's Apple Site it indicates you can purchase online.

This will help you regarding billing/shipping.

My guess is that the computer must go to the same address. Either your parents could ship it to you or they could buy it with their Edu Discount and then mail it to you – which would be completely legal.
  3. TnIan macrumors member

Mar 19, 2010
    Thanks for that Apple link - that was exactly what I was looking for.

How did you find that? I googled the hell outta trying to find an answer and came up empty.
  4. KirkL macrumors 6502

Jul 27, 2010
    United States
    Wow you guys are lucky, my state only has the Holiday for Clothes and School Supplies under $100 :(