Taxi Lost and Found

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by 184550, Jul 26, 2012.

1. 184550 Guest

NYT- Taxi Lost and Found

There's nothing overtly political about the piece but given the usual trend these stories tend to take, I figured I'd save the hassle and post it in PRSI.

I enjoyed the brief video he made to recount the experience. I can't imagine losing ~$13k worth of gear/ stuff.

2. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

An exhausted mind will leave babies inside hot cars on 100* days. :(

3. citizenzen macrumors 65816

How much of a hurry do you need to be in to forget all of your bags holding +$13 K of equipment?

Cool video though.

Nice of the taxi driver to return all the stuff.

4. 184550 thread starter Guest

That's what I was thinking. It was an entire suitcase. :eek:

TBH, I was kind of surprised he got the suitcase back with everything intact.

5. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I was too.

TBH back at you, I'd probably return those items myself. After all, what am I going to do with all that equipment?

If however, I ran across a wallet filled with cash, I can't promise you that I wouldn't just take the cash.

6. 184550 thread starter Guest

Yeah, I'd definitely return the suitcase or anything else I found in my cab if I were a taxi driver.

If I were to find a wallet or purse I would definitely make every effort to return the item if there was contact info.

However, I tend to find loose money in my supermarkets parking lot once a month. Usually just $1's or $5's folded up. I never make an attempt to return that type of thing as there's no ID and it's a small amount of money anyways.

7. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I'd like to think I would, but I honestly believe it would depend on the circumstances.

8. samiwas macrumors 65816

Having lost my computer bag and my iPad separately on two different trips, and getting both of them back just a few days later, I know exactly what it's like to have this happen, and what I would do in the same situation. I've also lost in other occasions, a binder with all my notes from a survey trip, my ATM card, and my wallet. Never saw the wallet again (I think I threw it away on a food tray), but the other stuff was returned.

I have no interest in what is in your bag or in your wallet. My first priority is going to be to locate you and get it back to you.

9. Happybunny macrumors 68000

I found someones wallet, I rang them to say that they could pick it up by me at home. Two weeks later I got a iPod Nano in the post as a thank-you.:D