Tea Party Targets Scott Brown for DADT

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by leekohler, Dec 28, 2010.

1. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Please stop trying to tell me the TEA Party stands for smaller government and freedom. They wanted to keep DADT, for starters.

http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_News/2010/12/28/Tea_Party_Targets_Scott_Brown_for_DADT/

2. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

Who are the 'Tea Party Advocates' this article talks about? There are a million reasons to go after Scott Brown (he's not a real conservative - he's a RINO straight-up) so what's the evidence that it has anything to do with DADT?

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

This is nothing new. Just a rehash of the story adding his DADT vote.

4. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

What other kind of Republican could possibly win a state-wide election in Massachusetts? :p Seriously, Brown only got that seat because it was a special election. Six years from now (or whenever his term is up) the democrats are going to take it back anyway. Especially if a tea partier is the other option.

5. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Exactly- Brown is voting as his constituents want him to. We told Mark Kirk the same thing in no uncertain terms.

And someone please tell fivepoint to read the article for an answer to his question.

6. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Exatly, Republicans should be thankful for him. He's up for re-eclection in 2012.
    Tick Tock Mr. Brown.

7. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

The fact or assumption that Brown is as 'good of a candidate as the Republicans could get' in Mass. is irrelevant to the discussion. The point remains that there are a TON of reasons for conservative, Tea Partiers, etc. to dislike him.

8. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Just because conservatives who listen to Rush Limbaugh and Hannity out in the boonies may not like him, doesn't mean that the voters in Mass. don't.

So much for the idea of a representative government.

Once again Fivepoint, you show your true colors. You apparently don't like that part of the Constitution either.

9. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Scott Brown need not worry about the wackos in his party. If he does a good job for his state, they'll vote him in again.

10. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

I hope so. The republican party needs more reasonable people, and Mass. could use a conservative or two.

11. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

What the hell are you talking about? What part of the constitution do I not like again? Are you somehow suggesting that I don't think the citizens of Massachusetts should have a choice in their elected representatives? Brilliant analysis! :rolleyes:

BTW, being a constitutionalist does not mean that you like every aspect of the constitution - only that it should be followed and that changes should be made via amendment not subversion/redefinition. After telling you this so many times, you'd think it would have settled in by now.

12. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

no, we're good thanks.

13. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Perhaps he could fight The Machine as an Independent?

I would like to see more people, from both parties, striking out and standing for what they believe, not some back-room hacks.

14. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

I'm sorry, I missed the part where you somehow connected the views of conservatives like yourself to those in Mass. I mean, RINO? Really? He's an elected Senator from Mass. representing his constituents and their interests, not some robo-conservative ideal.

And yes, I'm suggesting that you and the entire Republican party are on a mission to somehow usurp the decision making of the electorate. Guys like Karl Rove and all the Freedomworks type foundations are pouring massive amounts of money into campaigns they have no interest in other than to elect a bunch of robots who will do their bidding.

That is a fundamental change in the Constitutional process of electing representatives, and you seem to support it. I don't remember a Constitutional amendment granting Constitutional rights to Corporations or foreign entities?

15. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I couldn't agree more. We need Wikileaks for Congress.

16. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

I'm looking to usurp the electorate? Grow up, Mcrain.

17. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

That's right. I don't see why all conservatives have to agree on every single issue. If that were the case, you're right- we could just put robots in office.

18. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

19. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

That's for sure.

20. Joined:
    May 30, 2010
    This!

The Tea Party is a sad excuse for a party. With the likes of Sarah Palin and Rand Paul where can you go wrong?! :rolleyes:

As a person who has worked on the Brown campaign it's interesting to watch him evolve since he's been in office. But on that note, I honestly don't see what the big deal is. On the trail he told the public that he would vote with Mass constituents and not be a GOP puppet. And he's done (and doing) that. The Tea Party (and other old, crazy, Republicans) need to get over it.

21. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Not going to happen, at least not willingly.

The system is broken, and needs people, like an independent Brown, to fix it.

22. Joined:
    May 30, 2010
    Oh I completely agree...hence the "need" to get over it. I'm all for Brown sticking the middle finger to the GOP and doing whatever he thinks is best for MA.